• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know most 30-30s and lever guns in general suck and can't hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

Maybe I need to try another 30-30 maybe a newer one this time. I really did like the old ones with steel butt plates though. I was just disappointed with their accuracy.
I picked up a Marlin youth model 30-30 about 8 years ago at Wally World for around $200 when they were clearancing out their guns. I couldn't hit squat with it. I installed the trigger happy kit hoping that would help. Say's it breaks at 3 pound's but it dang sure don't feel like it. At 50-75 yards I can keep good enough groups to hunt with and I've shot 4 deer with so far. At 100 yards though it's all over the place. I love the gun but it don't love me. Even shooting it off bags it get the same results after trying a bunch of different ammo. I've rechecked the base for the scope and then even swapped the scope. Same thing every time.

So why are people pricing them so dang high? A lever gun is a 25 yard to 50 yard brush gun at best.

Don't get me wrong I like 30-30s and the nostalgia that goes along with them but seriously 1500+ dollars for a marlin or a winchester LOL.
Maybe the folks that want to still be armed after sleepy joe comes for all the “scary” guns. You know he will “allow “ everyone to keep their single shots, single actions and lever guns, wink, wink.

Maybe the folks that want to still be armed after sleepy joe comes for all the “scary” guns. You know he will “allow “ everyone to keep their single shots, single actions and lever guns, wink, wink.
Right on. I mean, what would the "Back the Blue," law & order Elmer Fudd types say when someone mentions gun control being a possibility? I've heard this a thousand times, "I ain't worried 'bout no gun control jess as long as I kin keep my Pa-Paw's thutty-thutty!"

Back
Top Bottom