Your experience vs Internet lore

Taurus is hit and miss for me.
Some of the worst shooting pistols I have handled have been Taurus, yet the old PT92 I used
to play with years ago was a fine shooting weapon. That being said, of any newer pistols other
that Taurus I think the crappiest one I have handled recently was a Smith Bodyguard. It was horrible!
Keltecs, ugh...havent handled one yet that did anything for me.

With regard to internet 'wisdom' I find it best to try things and take some of that info with a grain of salt.
You can learn some basic things to beware of but there are a lot of fan boys and haters that just spew nonsense. I tend to look for experienced less biased viewpoints whenever possible.

Yeah Taurus comes to immediate mind with all the hate on the net form them but my experience has been the opposite. I have owned and fired numerous examples from wheel guns and semi-autos. Their 1911 is really good. Their Beretta M9 knock off is really good-just wish the magazines worked without modification. Their Smith and Wesson knock offs are nice revolvers. Their PT945 is a real nice carry gun not real small not huge. The early Millennium series (.45 ACP) had frame failures that were later corrected.

Taurus sells a butt load of guns and for prices lower than older names in the biz. So far my experience has been good but sooner or later I'm sure I will find one that gives me problems but not yet after 7-8 examples.

The Rossi revolver 4" .357 Magnum I had was real good too.

The Jennings .22 LR was a jam-o-matic that my cousin had and good for 1-3 shots at best.

Last edited:
The Jennings .22 LR was a jam-o-matic that my cousin had and good for 1-3 shots at best.

Truth!!! lol... and 3 would be optimistic.
A friend of mine had one, he was an older fellow with much experience...had a shop and FFL at one point. One day while screwing with a jam-o-matic Jennings the damn thing finally discharged and put a round through his hand. Momentary lapse of thinking 'this thing never fires' I guess.

Walther PPS. I consider it a perfect size (some say its too big) and not too heavy, as some claim. Its my daily CCW, and probably the fastest pistol I have for me to put on target.

DPMS. I have the LR-308 with the 24" bull barrel, and I have yet to have a single problem with it, and the quality is just as good as any other AR I've held. Not bad for an initial investment of $1000 out the door.

Glock = ok, good enough pistol, nothing to rave about. I may get one once prices come back down. We'll see.

Kimber 1911. My friend had one that I shot on several occasions. That is one fine shooting pistol. Better than either my S&W or Sig 1911's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom