Your experience vs Internet lore

Hi-Point, Taurus, Interarms PPK/S. Hi-points are the butt ugliest things I've ever seen, but the couple I've shot functioned perfectly. I've read alot of bad things about Taurus but the fit, finish, and function of the PT58 HC plus I had was flawless.

As for the PPK/S, I carry it all the time and haven't experienced any of the issues I've read about. Excellent fit and finish, and with a polishing of the feed ramp it eats hp ammo with ease. I've never gotten bit by the slide either.

Biggest surprise for me? My AMT Hardballer.... Awesome firing & looking 1911. Ran another box of 45 through it yesterday put the conversion on and ran a box of 22. Not a single problem... Accurate as it is reliable

If you were to believe everything you read on gun forums there are several guns or brands that would instantly come to mind as being junk. Based on Internet lore you would thin that Some guns will simply explode or melt when you pull the trigger.

What are some of the guns you've heard crap about that you somehow ended up with and actually liked?

For me, the Taurus TCP has been my biggest surprise. I got mine as the "extra gun" in lieu of money in a multi gun deal. With all of the Taurus hate out there I was surprised that I actually liked it better than my LCP. It fit my hand better, had a much nicer trigger pull, locked open on an empty mag and cost $100 less.

I own a few taurus guns. Never had an issue out of any of them. And it shoots just as good as my smith.

My brother in law had one where the slide rattled real bad from the factory. Couldn't hit a target from 6 ft. I guess its just hit or miss.

My Taurus 24/7 was great, never once had an issue. Same for my RIA compact...Wish I had kept the RIA but I sold both to a friend so I could buy my Sig p229 with goodies. I atleast get to see it from time to time and one day maybe I'll own another if I can find it for the price I paid last time. ($400 with ammo)

New Frontier Polymer lower paired with SOTA upper.

Never any issues, eats anything, and runs like a sewing machine.

Sigma SW9 Gen1 (Glock clone pre lawsuit)

Shoots where you want it do , trigger complaints really were nothing, no FTF , inexpensive, won't cry if you ding it up like you would with your safe queen looks better than a Hi-Point and a weighs a lot less.

X2. I've had zero issues out of mine, I can't say that about my glocks.

I liked Rugers until I had two crap out on me. I have never owned a taurus or a high point so I can't comment. I use to shoot Smith and wesson .44 revolvers when I was a kid until I got tired of having to pound the pins back in them every few hundred rounds. I don't like Brazilian made 1911s put out by springfield. I have never had an issue with Colt anything.

Back
Top Bottom