Your experience vs Internet lore

Internal Locks on revolvers...paranoia. Someone heard of someone who knew someone who said they know someone who had a lock fail...could have failed or it could have had an ejector rod come loose or who knows? It's not as if pre-lock revolvers are 100% fail-proof. I love my little J frame Smith lock and all!
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t46_juliussqueezer_Firearms_BG2.jpg

LOVE those grips...!!!

Thanks :) The little boot grips that came with it were way too small for my hand. I was quite thrilled to win that particular ebay auction. Those are my favorite grips on any gun I own.

Most of the issues I hear about online are caused by stupidity and not bad design. My choice of firearms stems from a desire to own a piece of equipment that fits well, is made with a high degree of craftsmanship, or is proven reliable and is more of a tool. Online rumor has some kernal of relevance, but I primarily rely upon my own professional opinion/experience.

I saw an ad here awhile back for a Dan Wesson 1911. The OP advertised it as "Pre-CZ crap" lol. As a very happy owner of a "post CZ crap" Stainless Dan Wesson CBOB, I can't think of a more perfect storm than having Dan Wesson, CZ and Ed Brown rolled up into one Match Grade laden firearm venture. There may be pistols out there that are AS good. But I do not believe there are any that are better made...not even Nighthawk (More expensive doesn't mean "better"). I wonder if he had a problem with CZ or Ed Brown getting involved? Or maybe it was the trijicon night sights that cheapened it for him? lol ...sorry. I have to laugh. None of those names say anything but high quality to me.

A few years ago I was a member of a national gun forum and posted a poll regarding Taurus guns. The question was "Have you sent a gun back for warranty work". To answer "Yes" you had to post a picture of the "proof" such as the repair ticket. IIRC it was like 35% of folks that owned Taurus had used the warranty, there were like 300-400 responses in total. I had a 24/7 Pro die on me within a week and it took Taurus 7 weeks to fix it. I sold it at a loss as soon as I got it back. You couldn't give me a poly Taurus.

Their 1911s and Beretta clones are rock solid though...

A few years ago I was a member of a national gun forum and posted a poll regarding Taurus guns. The question was "Have you sent a gun back for warranty work". To answer "Yes" you had to post a picture of the "proof" such as the repair ticket. IIRC it was like 35% of folks that owned Taurus had used the warranty, there were like 300-400 responses in total. I had a 24/7 Pro die on me within a week and it took Taurus 7 weeks to fix it. I sold it at a loss as soon as I got it back. You couldn't give me a poly Taurus.

Their 1911s and Beretta clones are rock solid though...

I keep venomous snakes for pets, have no problem with swimming with sharks...not afraid of any animal really except bulls (narrowly escaped one hellbent on running me down by running into a dense pine thicket once). I don't like Taurus because i don't want a picture of the only animal I've ever been afraid of on it lol

In general, one mad customer will post the same complaint on every venue multiple times, satisfied customers are generally quiet - this is how interwebz horror stories propagate.

There might have only been 1 bad Kimber ever made but it was reported by the same person 2,347,119 times...

My only problem with Kimber is overpricing. They seem to be fine firearms...I just don't see enough significant quality difference for the price.

Back
Top Bottom