• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your gun might be overpriced if...

Steve,
Can you please start a section called "Rants"? Then I can ignore it...

If there's something on the radio or TV you don't like or want to see, do you change the station or do you keep watching / listening?

If you don't like the price, don't buy it, that's the way the system works.

if people are willing to pay it, why not. we all know AK's are gonna shoot up probably 300 by this fall. are they actually WORTH that much? no.....will people pay it? yes. better believe my mak90's gonna be hittin the doorstep if they're runnin 2k on this mug.

I have overpriced guns here but I have overpaid for them, too.

I have priced guns here at unbelievable discounts and I have bought some at an unbelievable savings.

Bottom line, I have been more than happy with each and every deal I have made here on the ODT. I've met some great people and bought, as well as sold, some guns not available at most gun stores. If I don't like your price, but I want your gun, I will send you an offer. If you don't accept it, I will move on. I expect people to do the same with my ads.

I know, I see new WASRs gonig for just under $500 at Foxhole. I don;t think I ve seen one one here for that price ever. But hey. FREE country. For now, at least.

I don't know that I would say taking advantage of. Here's the thing about the trader. Once you post a price, whether it's high or even a great deal to begin with, you can pretty much count on people trying to presbyterian you down on the price. If you post a glock for $500 people will want $50 off, if you post it for $425 they are going to want you to take $50 off .... so you're better off starting high than actually asking what you want out of it to begin with.

Having said all of that it's INSANE to start off asking more than retail or at least retail + tax cost even for a NIB gun.

The straw that breaks the camels back for me is people posting Sigs that are just plain 226, 220 or 229 regular or R's and wanting like 700-800+ for them.

The ONLY sig models worth that much scratch are the special models with unusual finishes, short reset triggers etc. Sig sells these guns red box remanufactured AS NEW
for $500-$550 every day so asking 700-800 for them, whether you paid that new for them or not, is totally unreasonable.

Also .. and this is the one that really gets me .. once you fire a single round out of it at home it is USED not LNIB or BNIB and used prices apply.

These days it seems if its posted here its overpriced....
Supposed outdoorsman taking advantage of other outdoorsman??? Hmmmm

This thread is still going? :lol: if it was not for the odt I would have paid a lot more money for many of the items I have. If I listed them all it would take all night... So ill just list a few:

I've bought several glocks for 350 bucks with extra mags

Bought a norinco 100 round drum brand new in bag for 225 (gunbroker sells them for 400-600)

Traded 2 guns a I had 1000 bucks into for a gun worth 2000.

Got so much ammo for dirt cheap that it should be a crime. I like these threads in a way. They keep you busy in here crying about high prices and gives me less competition when I'm typing "ill take it" as fast as I can. So keep up the good work :)

Oh and I snagged an HK usp 9mm for 500 bucks today. Just sayin.

Another very important thing to remember is that 1. CDNN is a dealers, dealer and where most of your gun shops buy their guns before they mark them up to begin with and 2. Just because CDNN has something in their catolog doesn't mean you'll be able to get one. Try calling them and asking for the $299 PMR30 that is in the catalog ;)

Still though depending on what it is paying a little extra is one thing but if you're asking more than MSRP which is the jacked up price that is supposed to be the theoretical max and not what you pay for at any reputable gun dealer, then you're asking too much.

Cdnn is not always the place to go for pricing. I see police trade ins on hk pistols all the time. A police trade in is not valued the same as a lightly used pistol from a private seller.

Back
Top Bottom