Your Gun room!

Ghost941

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I've long since wanted a room as a sitting piece. Not necessarily a "man cave", just a room such as an office space in my house adorned by my firearms collection. I've viewed one on an occasion and the idea had never left me. That being said, if you could have such a room, or do (luck bastards), what is your focal piece? A family heirloom? An antique cannon, or other such eloquent behemoth that acts as a conversation piece. Just looking for any of ya'll who may share my peculiar interest in this. Ideas at all.

i dont view my firearms in that way. they are tools, and will be treated as such. i want a "conversation piece" i go out and get an old dodge challenger.

If I had a room just for a gun shrine, I can't think of just one that does it for me. I'd want either true recreations or originals of the guns that kept America free through the past couple hundred years, starting from the colonial period up to current day.

From the flintlock rifle, to bolt rifle and auto rifle a representative for each milestone in the history of firearms. Below each a representative hand gun that augmented the long gun would be nice. The freedom and God given right of American's to bear arms along with their sacrifices are what made this country great. :usa:

I display my M1 Garand and my m1 Carbine the rest is kept in a safe
21.jpgIMG_2704.jpg

This sits on top of my book shelf in my office. All others are locked in large safes.
Got to love old Colt's, especially a pair :)
[Broken External Image]:
i26.photobucket.com_albums_c108_01coltcolt_DSCF0013.jpg

We have a room that was built just for me (the only one I might add) when we built our home.....that is until the kids came! Cigar smoking vents, cigar humidor end table, leather chairs, fireplace, etc. All that stuff is still there but not used much obviously. The original intent with the room though was to build a gun display case/cabinet a few years down the road when we could afford it that was as safe as you could make one and still be able to display the guns....even install a stand alone alarm system. Anyway the economy changed all that. Of course "shotgunman" is my ODT name and shotguns are my love so my focal point guns would have been Merkel shotguns (o/u and side by sides), Sig/Rizzin TR40's, Franchi's, and a Verona. Then a few lever action winchesters and then the bolt actions for whatever space was left. I can still dream though....maybe one day when we get this president out...........!!!

I'm in the process of finishing my basement. In it is what I think of as my "Outdoor Room". Most of my stuff will be locked up for sure, but as big a gun nut as I am the one thing that will be front and center is a knife. In 2010 I had the honor of taking home a fallen Gurkha who worked with me in Afghanistan. While in Nepal I was given a ceremonial Kukri knife from a friend of the soldier who had been killed. It was a great honor for me and I will display that from now on.

Back
Top Bottom