Your Gun room!

I'm in the process of finishing my basement. In it is what I think of as my "Outdoor Room". Most of my stuff will be locked up for sure, but as big a gun nut as I am the one thing that will be front and center is a knife. In 2010 I had the honor of taking home a fallen Gurkha who worked with me in Afghanistan. While in Nepal I was given a ceremonial Kukri knife from a friend of the soldier who had been killed. It was a great honor for me and I will display that from now on.

That is pretty cool!

I have a room that was my office. I have a TV, a desk that was my dad's, my computer, printer, fax, and other normal office stuff. Since my retirement, I have added a safe, nicely tucked away, and have moved the fax, printer and other office stuff, to a separate desk. Now, on my desk is a nice handgun rack build by one of our members, and another rack, not as nice but for handguns as well. I do have handguns displayed out on the desk and move them to the safe when necessary. I like to be able to look at them, handle them and clean them. Sitting in a safe all the time, I would not enjoy them as much. All of my handguns are not strictly business. Some of them are for use, but some are not. Some of you will tell me that they are just tools. To that I say, fine, your have your opinion. But before you tell me how I should enjoy my handguns, remember, you did not pay for any of them and I did. I believe I should enjoy them the way I want. The room smells of Hoppes, Flitz, Prolix, gun oil and I love it.

I have a den that I have all of my hunting and fishing equipment in. All of my guns are in a safe, my archery equipment is neatly displayed along with fishing rods and reels. I have a closet off of my den that I keep my extra archery gear and hunting clothes in. The only guns not in the safe are my EDC and a Winchester Defender next to my bed. All of my ammo is stored in ammo boxes in my den labeled by caliber. I have a desk with my computer and printer on it, a couple of chairs, a couple of tables and a few book cases. I also have cupboards on the wall that hold all of my miscellaneous small items like cleaning kits, extra broadheads etc. When I lived in the country versus metro area, I had my guns displayed in two oak gun cabinets.

The reason I put everything in a safe was about 9 years ago someone went shopping at my house and stole sixteen firearms from me from the oak cabinets. They may still get them , but they are going to have to work a little more to get them this time. If someone wants to see them, I will show them but I don't leave anything out of the safe as far as firearms now.

Last edited:
I am lucky enough to have a gun room in the basement. It's very austere with nothing display. Think of it as a small office in a concrete bunker. It has 2 main focal points. An enormous wood reloading table that I built, and a 36" x 72" x 24" gun safe tucked neatly into the corner and bolted to the basement slab. Nothing special really...but it serves its intended function. Well, that and it is our place of refuge for tornadoes too!

ggg.jpg

Not much room in my single wide.

Back
Top Bottom