• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Youth Hunting Clothes

RunsWithDeers

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Just curious where everyone gets their kids hunting clothes at? I have a 10 year old and the cost of camo is getting ridiculous, at academy it's $120 for a set of bibs and a jacket she will only get 2 years out of (hopefully).

Open to recommendations or used kids camo if it's in good condition!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

It's not necessary for most hunting. I have mine use old dark colored stuff mostly. I have called gobblers in tight on kids wearing purple boots or a short sleeve grey t-shirt. Sit in the shade and don't move. Invisible.

If you really want camo consider a leafy suit. Those will pull over a wide range of sizes. Just layer underneath.

My kids have been wearing dark colored solids for the past couple years. Often times, they hunt in blue jeans with a camo jacket. When it gets real cold they wear a pair of insulated coveralls over their layers.
The leafy suit suggested above is a great idea. It’ll slip over literally anything.

Walmart is a good option and watch for Bass Pro/Cabelas sales. If you are sure on size eBay is a good option for used clothes as well. I feel your pain I have 4 and they all want to wear what daddy wears at their age so just doing dark clothes isn’t quite the same for them.

I forgot to tell you also that clothing consignment stores almost always have TONS of womens and young mens/boys clothes that are good for hunting, “Wear Me Again” in Carrollton and Bremen just about always have some good stuff. $30 will get ya an armload.

Back
Top Bottom