• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

Leatherhead :And how would one die from NOT putting there finger on the trigger until ready to fire..

Well, how did you shoot your hand if you didnt put your finger on the trigger, ready to fire?

**** happens, right? So... do EVERYTHING possible to not get hurt or God forbid, die from gun negligence.

You put your story out there for us to read and learn from, right? So what I learned is that you messed up by 'cupping your hand over the muzzle.'

Then you tried to say youll die with yhat habit....well, that habit needs to be changed obviously, right???

You didnt really expect to not get criticised did you?

Well if your sure, I wouldn't sell the gun without having a competent gunsmith fully examine the gun and take it down to see if it's mechanically sound. Never know if someone "worked" on it before you got it. I'm not suggesting you sue Ruger for it....but at least have it checked before you sell it to someone else. Glad you lived through it and I admire you for posting this. A lot of people don't want to assume accountability when they make a mistake. Hope your recovery is speedy as possible....

Oh, and keep updating this thread with plenty of pics.......you know we all like to see this kinda stuff (pistol, hand healing, pulled bullet, hole in the wall, etc., etc.)

Last edited:
Well, how did you shoot your hand if you didnt put your finger on the trigger, ready to fire?

**** happens, right? So... do EVERYTHING possible to not get hurt or God forbid, die from gun negligence.

You put your story out there for us to read and learn from, right? So what I learned is that you messed up by 'cupping your hand over the muzzle.'

Then you tried to say youll die with yhat habit....well, that habit needs to be changed obviously, right???

You didnt really expect to not get criticised did you?

No the cupping of the hand is a basic dumb move. The habit I will die with is not touching the trigger until ready to fire. Honestly I don't know how it happened. I just know it hurts like a som*****. Let my pain and mistake be yalls lesson. 357 magnum ****ing hurts. Lol but seriously be safe

Glad your safe, when I had my ND I had my hand on the slide and damn near blew a hole in my hand, I kept the casing from the gun to remind me and keep me safe. Feel blessed you only lost one finger.

Please don't take my posts as anything other than trying to help determine what happened. I wish you a speedy recovery and thanks for posting it. I have no doubt that you believe you didn't pulpy the trigger but the trigger was pulled. Could have bees snagged on something, maybe you were cleaning it naked and were very excited about it :) but something got in that trigger guard an pushed the trigger through its cycle.

Here's a few pictures of the arm all wrapped up the blood on my carpet and the bullet hole in the wall. The basic idea was to show that getting comfortable with guns is dangerous. Always be aware they are a tool of destruction by design. I ****ed up plain and simple.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365596517140.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365596517140.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 273
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365596527886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365596527886.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 249
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365596538918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365596538918.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 240
  • uploadfromtaptalk1365596553872.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365596553872.jpg