• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1 X 4 scope that doesn't brake the bank.

Ronaldo Crespin

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
34   0
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but I got tired of obsessing over which tactical scope to buy for my 300 BLK, so I just gave in and bought a CenterPoint from Academy. I did some quick bore sighting on the back porch at about 75 yds and didn't have to touch either adjustment which was impressive for a cheap scope. Besides, there were several good reviews on amazon for this scope and I actually came out cheaper getting it from Academy.

And as a side note, the price of the scope is keeping in line with the cost of everything else on the rifle, and I did swap out the mount for a taller one. The most expensive stuff on the rifle is the Magpul furniture, QD sling and buffer tube mount. It has an AR Stoner barrel, AR Stoner buffer tube assy., Matrix Arms handguard, "made for the ODT lower (Zombie Defense), I don't have a clue upper, PSA premium BCG/charging handle, Chinese knock-off back up sights, Lancer AWM mags, etc...

DSCF0885.JPG

DSCF0884.JPG

DSCF0883.JPG

DSCF0886.JPG

DSCF0889 (2).JPG

I don't know anything about that scope. The proof is always in the pudding. If it zeroes, stays zeroed, and you can hit the target, that's what counts.

When I want to skimp on scope cost, I try to find used, Japan-made Bushnell Banners. I have found them to be very reliable, with good, clear glass.

Yeh, all I know is that it is a quick zoom 1 - 4 illuminated reticle (which I don't care about) 5" eye relief tactical scope. And what the *** does "tactical" really mean anyway??? Most importantly, the reticle is etched into the glass so I don't really have to concern myself with the illumination, so that is a strong point for me. I need the scope because my *** *** eyes really suck! And if I get pissed off at the scope, I can rip the *** thing off and fling it, still having the back ups!

I do apologize, it seems that my eyes are not the only thing that is failing.

By the way: Go Speed Racer, Go!!!

If it zeroes, stays zeroed, and you can hit the target, that's what counts.

I'd add in a reasonable eye box that allows for a nice view... even if you mount the rifle a little off... and a decent reticle is always nice.

I've had great success with the Primary Arms scopes if I'm going bare bones.

I only have a foot/lbs torque wrench so I would guess about 10 ft/lbs. Besides, I am still just a novice when it comes to AR's so I just use German torque. Except that I made sure that my barrel was torqued to about 50 ft/lbs.

i bought a center point 4-16x at wally mart for 50 bucks years ago. zero has never moved and ive killed many deer with it.
It said on the box rated for .50bmg
doesnt pick up very much light at dusk though.

If you are still happy with it after using it a while, do a review on it. I am sure there are plenty of more folks who would enjoy getting something that works well without selling a kidney.

Back
Top Bottom