• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 drawing?

I would donate a 10/22 for this raffle if everyone would agree to put the money towards the Major Kevin Jenrette Memorial Scholarship Fund at North Georgia College in Dahlonega. I am currently overseas for work, but I could get my wife or father to get the weapon to OS or one of the mods if they could take the time to ensure the money made it to the college in my friends name. It has to be in his name or it will go to the general scholarship fund instead of the scholarship that has been started in his honor.

A raffle is a money maker, that's why they're illegal unless you are raising money for charity.

This wouldn't be a money maker for anyone so therefore it wouldn't be considered a 'raffle'
read the law yourself, illegal unless you're non profit or tax.exempt as honored by the IRS and the state of GA as being a non profit organization. It doesn't mean you're not profiting off of the raffle. Also, even if you meet the criteria, you're still responsible. 1-5 in jail, 20k fines, ill buy a 10/22 with that being said.

I would donate a 10/22 for this raffle if everyone would agree to put the money towards the Major Kevin Jenrette Memorial Scholarship Fund at North Georgia College in Dahlonega. I am currently overseas for work, but I could get my wife or father to get the weapon to OS or one of the mods if they could take the time to ensure the money made it to the college in my friends name. It has to be in his name or it will go to the general scholarship fund instead of the scholarship that has been started in his honor.

What a guy! This sounds like a great solution, even though I think the original idea is completely legal.

jclem, post up the info.
Make it to where in order to enter the giveaway, they must show OS proof they have donated to said charity. Minimum amount could be whatever you set, and for every multiple over, it gives another chance to enter in the giveaway thread. Then, random number generator it and Viola. No money has ever touched anybody's hands except the charity.

read the law yourself, illegal unless you're non profit or tax.exempt as honored by the IRS and the state of GA as being a non profit organization. It doesn't mean you're not profiting off of the raffle. Also, even if you meet the criteria, you're still responsible. 1-5 in jail, 20k fines, ill buy a 10/22 with that being said.

That is the law for conducting a raffle, the legal definition for a 'raffle' states that the person conducting the raffle is entitled to a share of the profits.

Because the person collecting money isn't taking a share, this is not a raffle.

Back
Top Bottom