• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 drawing?

jclem, post up the info.
Make it to where in order to enter the giveaway, they must show OS proof they have donated to said charity. Minimum amount could be whatever you set, and for every multiple over, it gives another chance to enter in the giveaway thread. Then, random number generator it and Viola. No money has ever touched anybody's hands except the charity.

I'll see if I can figure out how to make it work if no one wants to do the raffle. The school does have a website where people can donate with a credit/debit card, but I don't want to exclude the cash/check donations either. I'll get something figured out if you guys don't. I've been thinking about it for awhile anyway.

contest where you have to pay money for chances? that sounds like a raffle. No profiting? Ruger 10/22's are what, 250, so you're going to limit it to 40-50 people??

I don't know why you guys are arguing over what to call it when we're trying to do a good thing here. The Ruger I put up won't be a stock Ruger. Why can't we just call it a raffle for charity, with all funds going to the charity? I don't know the law so maybe someone else can confirm if this is allowed. If it is, I'll try and get something worked out. As for the numbers of people, does it have to be limited? I would hope to get maybe $10 a pop from everyone....and the amount goes to whatever it goes to. If it only grows to $100 then I'll be disappointed but I'll still draw a winner for the weapon. If it grows to $1000, I would be much happier and draw a winner for the weapon. I was considering giving away a $500-$700 piece for this event in order to hopefully garner some real interest in it.

contest where you have to pay money for chances? that sounds like a raffle. No profiting? Ruger 10/22's are what, 250, so you're going to limit it to 40-50 people??

Yeah I kinda thought that was the idea, but this charity deal sounds like a better cause than giving 250 to AO or Academy.

I'd be game for donating 10 to the charity, I bet we could get at least 50 people in on that.

Back
Top Bottom