• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10.5" AR Issues?

I like my 7.5 budget build/truck gun. She'll get out there purdy good. And YES she's LOUD!!!!
IMG_0189.JPG

10.5 - i wouldn't sweat over it unless psa screwed up.

i especially wouldn't worry until i'd at least fired the upper. or attempted to do so.

just kidding - you'll probably be fine.

I just pieced a 10.5 together and its running great. Just trying to find a compensator that wont be totally obnoxious so im gonna try the PWS QCB and the AFAB Mini.

View attachment 1252782

If the upper is properly tuned you should have no issues . My xm177 has been 100% reliable . Anyone who has a 10.5 gun that is not working properly has a gas or buffer issue . The gas system is not one size fits all.
Agreed, I kept messing with the gas system over&over. Bought a CMMG "enhanced" pistol buffer & spring.....problem solved. And sorry, but I don't get the 10" and up rule?? With Much Respect.... we've put 7.5 up against 10.5 with no Real difference except my 7.5" fits in my favorite bag

Agreed, I kept messing with the gas system over&over. Bought a CMMG "enhanced" pistol buffer & spring.....problem solved. And sorry, but I don't get the 10" and up rule?? With Much Respect.... we've put 7.5 up against 10.5 with no Real difference except my 7.5" fits in my favorite bag
Aside from being even more obnoxiously loud... the velocity drop off between 10.5 and 7.5 is remarkable. The curve lessens dramatically as you get above 10".

But as far as accuracy goes.. you're right. At less than 200m... it's a negligible difference.

did you chrono for velocity?

not intending sarcasm - just looking for velocity measurements.

Back
Top Bottom