• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm Hi points

This may hold the record for oldest spontaneous resurrection of a thread.

Man, I didn't notice the original date on this post! I just did a search on "HiPoint 10mm" in case someone already had started a thread on this new gun. No wonder the YouTube link is broken.

Glad they finally got around to it though...

Good review in Firearms News (the old Shotgun News) last week.

It's based on the 45ACP carbine and it sounds like it runs pretty well.

I u
If you can afford 10mm ammo but not anything better than a hipoint, you have serious problems........
i95.photobucket.com_albums_l139_crash_6906_untitled67.jpg
I used to install satellite t.v. systems and I cannot tell you how many times(it was alot) I would show up to a broken down trailer with trash everywhere, kids living in sqauler with dirty diapers on, filth as far as the eye could see, Navigator or BMW in the driveway, multiple expensive dogs and a 50" flat screen on the only wall without holes in it and install the Cadillac of t.v. plans. I was always amazed at people's priorities.

I put 100 rounds through it last night and like every HP Carbine I've ever had, it ran like a top. I've always found the carbine to be accurate, and have a pretty good trigger (for what it is) and this one was no different. I was indoors so only got it to 25 yards or so, but I was able to keep the groups pretty tight even using the iron sights.

I started off kind of slowly at first, but by the second box I was putting them down range as quick as I could with no trouble at all. Last round hold open worked every time, and it was a pretty soft-shooting gun. The recoil seemed about like the 40 version I shot once a few years back. More than the 9mm version, but not a lot and not uncomfortable.

The only negative I have is that the gel cheek-pad they install is tacky. If I had more beard than a 5 o'clock shadow I'd be regretting it. Not sure what they were thinking on that. Getting a better cheek weld doesn't mean gluing it to your face.

For under $350 it's hard to argue with a 10mm PCC that shoots well and has a lifetime warranty. Good thing 10mm is coming way down in price. You could probably shoot a lot through this.

spencer60 spencer60
Thanks for the range report. If you get it beyond 25 yards I’d like to know how it does. Looks like I may be jumping in this train unless anyone has any inside info from Keltec with the possiblity of adding one. It would be my first Hi Point!

How many magazines come with it?

I can't imagine Kel Tec making one any time soon. The Sub 2000 is a decent little carbine, but I don't think it would handle 10mm very well. It tends to shake itself apart with 9mm.

I'd bet the next one we see will be from Ruger. Their PC Carbine has a removable bolt face so it's ready for different calibers from the factory. The action is probably beefy enough for 10mm without any problems either, and if not there's plenty of room to use a larger one. All that would be left is putting a new barrel on it.

And we've seen with the spate of 10mm introduction they've done over the last year or so that they want the 10mm on all their platforms if they can.

Back
Top Bottom