• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm woods gun

For your budget, this, hands down!

Fondled one at the NRA convention and they are basically hand-made by RIA's master gunsmiths. 16+1 in 10mm in a 1911 format?

armscor.com_images_products__product_gallery_large_BigRock_LeftAngled_2.jpg

armscor.com_images_products__product_gallery_large_BigRock_RightProfile_2.jpg

I'd own one if they didn't have a rail...just not a rail on a 1911 kinda guy...

Good luck finding one, though, they get snapped up pretty quick when they come back in stock.

EAA Witness Hunter 6" would be a second place...

Fondled one at the NRA convention and they are basically hand-made by RIA's master gunsmiths. 16+1 in 10mm in a 1911 format?

Good luck finding one, though, they get snapped up pretty quick when they come back in stock.

They come out with 16+1 after I buy regular,
dang.

I don't think I'd go with the practical answer on this one. You already have Glocks, but want something different. So get it! Get what you WANT, in your heart, not what makes the most logical and practical sense.

If you like the DA/ SA trigger system, how about the EAA Witness? Made by Tanfoglio in Italy.
I had a TZ-75, their 1980's era copy of the then-banned Czech CZ-75, in 9mm, and it was a great gun. It lasted for 20 years before the steel guide rod broke, and it was easier to trade it in for a different gun than to have a new part fabricated (the parts were no longer available new from the importer).

EAA Witness is a 33 oz. gun (empty) that has a double-stack mag. It's got 14 + 1 capacity.
https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-steel-full-size-tanfoglio-52

Suggested retail is $700, but per Gunbroker you can find one at a "buy it now" price of $500.

I gotta say, that is a damn nice looking option. I gotta wonder about aftermarket support, though, such as mag availability, holsters, parts, etc. These criteria cancel out quite a few otherwise very nice guns for me.

The gun I choose won't be an edc or anything, and it is a want and not a need, but the aftermarket for the gun I choose will have to be somewhat common and readily available. That's why the 1911, Sigs, and Glocks are such strong contenders. Besides, the 1911's are so sexy...

I have been looking at the RIA 1911's and they look sweet. That one may be a little big for my taste, but still a sexy beast. And yeah, I agree the rails on a 1911 are a no go.

I have a Remington R1 Hunter 1911. It's a long slide 6 inch barrel 10 mm. I can pierce the ear lobe of a sillouette at the range. Very accurate gun. Now I have went in and done some home modifying with some Wilson Combat parts for trigger work but the gun will perform at distance. Longer sight radius and longer barrel make for a accurate 1911. If you going to hunt I would go with a long slide just for more velocity. It's just ups the anti on a already high powered semi auto hand gun round. I love mine.
20180406_163433.jpg

I don't think I'd be shooting any 10 mm pistol enough to wear it out, although I suppose a part could fail prematurely at any time.
Still, if you don't care for a Glock in this role, I'd just take the risk of some less-common gun. Roll the dice and take yer chances.

Reactions: MRH
My woods gun was a Sig P229 in 357sig, Underwood and I believe Double Tap make a hunting round I think was 147 fmj but with that being said my woods gun now is a 4” Ruger Redhawk in 44

I love .357 Sig. I just picked up a gen 4 Glock 32 and it will be my new edc. I may woods carry it also, but I would still love to have a 10mm...Around here, and most places from what I've seen, 10mm ammo is easier to find than .357. Weird.

I had a 4" .44 Redhawk, and it shot like a dream, but at 47 oz unloaded it was just too heavy to lug around all day. Sometimes I walk 5-10 miles in a day of hunting.

I don't think I'd be shooting any 10 mm pistol enough to wear it out, although I suppose a part could fail prematurely at any time.
Still, if you don't care for a Glock in this role, I'd just take the risk of some less-common gun. Roll the dice and take yer chances.

Good point.

Back
Top Bottom