• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11/6 deer hunt

Saw 5 does and a little buck this morning. I'm about ready to call it a week and get out of this mud! I'm heading back to civilization a little later this afternoon. I will post a picture of the 8 pointer I killed on Tuesday a little later tonight. Also I took some pictures of some sort of tree leaf I saw deer eating. I want to see if anyone can identify them for me.

Good luck and be safe ya'll! I know I've left plenty in the woods for you guys!

Reactions: MRH
how far away do you guys go from your stand to piss ? i just had to piss like a race horse, i wanyed to go further, but then thats more nlise walking...
Many deer do identify human urine as a threat. The more experienced they are (big buck) the more likely this is. They will remember the area and avoid it. Yes, there are exceptions to this, but they are exceptions. Don't pee anywhere near your stand. Bring a bottle with you and use it.

Also, Thremacells stink and I have had deer spooked by them. Get a bug suit instead.

In Georgia scent control is one of the most important things to pay attention to. The wind shifts so frequently here it's almost impossible to play it.

Many deer do identify human urine as a threat. The more experienced they are (big buck) the more likely this is. They will remember the area and avoid it. Yes, there are exceptions to this, but they are exceptions. Don't pee anywhere near your stand. Bring a bottle with you and use it.

Also, Thremacells stink and I have had deer spooked by them. Get a bug suit instead.

In Georgia scent control is one of the most important things to pay attention to. The wind shifts so frequently here it's almost impossible to play it.
Have you ever looked over at the other site and checked out killdee's home brew. He brings in some big bucks with that stuff.

Heck they also said rut started here already and goes the 3rd through the 8th. I've been in the woods everyday this week morning and afternoon and I've seen very little chasing. I'm thinking next week it will be on.

Everyone has their opinions about the rut and how it works...I believe the full moon at the end of October was going to pull the rut forward a few days, and it still may pull it forward slightly, but the weather has thrown a kink in everyone's craw, so now I believe the best week for most of the northern zone will be next week, from around the 7th-15th...Southern zone should be around the 15th-25th...

Back
Top Bottom