• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13lb whole boneless NY Strip loin- smoke or grill?

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
I'm new to smoking. We had a turkey for Thanksgiving & 2 Boston Butts. I cooked these on a propane smoker with apple & hickory wood- turned out very good. I cooked 3 racks of baby backs last Sun on a new electric smoker and they were they best we have ever had. We came up with a great rub & sauce- used apple & hickory again. My dad just went crazy over the ribs.

My dad just came by the house & gave my wife a 13lb boneless NY strip loin- that thing was $66! He wants me to smoke it but I'm not sure. Should I smoke it or slice & grill? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to smoking. We had a turkey for Thanksgiving & 2 Boston Butts. I cooked these on a propane smoker with apple & hickory wood- turned out very good. I cooked 3 racks of baby backs last Sun on a new electric smoker and they were they best we have ever had. We came up with a great rub & sauce- used apple & hickory again. My dad just went crazy over the ribs.

My dad just came by the house & gave my wife a 13lb boneless NY strip loin- that thing was $66! He wants me to smoke it but I'm not sure. Should I smoke it or slice & grill? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jeez, doesn't seem like you really have much of a choice.
You said, he said smoke it. He's the fella that spent the money .....

Jeez, doesn't seem like you really have much of a choice.
You said, he said smoke it. He's the fella that spent the money .....

He'd be ok with whatever is best - he's just looking for some good eats. We might try both just to see. I've read a few forums that suggested grilling over smoking- I'm new to the game and wanted some ideas from someone that's tried smoking one---if it was better than grilling.

Back
Top Bottom