• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13lb whole boneless NY Strip loin- smoke or grill?

I have done a 10 lb boneless Rib Roast before, turned out great..Just change the rub from pork to beef, Salt,Pepper,Course Garlic Salt and heavy Paprika. Use a internal thermometer and monitor internal temp. I would smoke at 250-275 Degrees! Enjoy!

What internal temp did you use?
I've read to open package & dry- then let sit in fridge for 2 days before smoking- this sound about right?
Thanks.

What internal temp did you use?
I've read to open package & dry- then let sit in fridge for 2 days before smoking- this sound about right?
Thanks.
160-165 Medium Medium Rare, But just drop into the juice after slicing, and It will continue to cook..For those that like well.

Like I said earlier- dad is ok with whatever will turn out the best. I want to give him the best taste/flavor for his money whether it be smoked, grilled, or both.

If you have a garage fridge I would try dry aging it. All you need is a vacuum sealer and one of the special bags from http://www.drybagsteak.com/

If that isn't an option it sounds like your dad already made the choice on how to prepare it.
I was thinking dry aging as well. I saw a youtube video a while back where a guy sat a whole ribeye on coarse salt uncovered in the fridge for several weeks. Looked great.

Back
Top Bottom