• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

14 F150 battery light issue, sometimes.....

New PCM installed, same problem..... I used auto start last night leaving pearldivers store, it started to start but then failed, then the truck wouldn’t start. 2 hours of trouble shooting later we found a burnt fuse for the fuel pump.

Mind you the 1st 1-1/2 was spent dealing with a 3 year old being crazy climbing all over the cab of the truck, we probably would’ve caught the fuse in the 1st 10 mins if I had a second to think. She took the owners manual like 10 times in the middle of check fuses, LOL we never checked that side. It’s those tiny lil ****ers you got to pull out to see if there blown.

changing fuses.jpg
:boink: :)

@D_Max @evan1242

Ford has a service bulletin on damaged wiring harnesses associated with the alternator. May be time to dive deep into the truck's wiring.

Ford has a service bulletin on damaged wiring harnesses associated with the alternator. May be time to dive deep into the truck's wiring.

We ordered a new alternator, it will be here Monday..... if that’s not it we are gonna start chasing wires.

Or if I get lucky maybe it will burn to the ground before then, instead of pooping fuses.

Hope that solves it, what a pia.

First thing I noticed before I bought my f150 is no voltage gauge.
I'm big on knowing what's going on with my engine at all times.

Got to digging and found out they don't just let the alternator do it's thing, it's controlled so that it can free wheel when not needed to save on gas and increase mpg.

I like my f150 all you Ford haters,
but to me that strategy was a reach that didn't need to be made. No problems so far

Back
Top Bottom