1911 Info

Hell, either the guys bull ****ting or it was his personal, but why carry a gun ya don't shoot? oi
I don't know why anyone cares. Very few people will ever shoot enough rounds through a gun to wear it out. I personally never ask "round count" as I don't give a ****.

I don't know why anyone cares. Very few people will ever shoot enough rounds through a gun to wear it out. I personally never ask "round count" as I don't give a ****.
who was the instructor that had well over 100k rounds through it? Glock practically begged him.to give it up, replace small parts that need replacing and keep ticking.

As previous posters mentioned, collet bushings were an attempt to get a tighter fit without all the handwork involved in fitting a solid bushing. My Series 70 Gold Cup had one that shot fine for the first 2 years I had it, but rumors at the time persisted that the collet fingers would break at the most inopportune times (I never personally met anyone who had this happen). When I had the gun tightened up, I went ahead and had my gunsmith fit a match bushing to it (he insisted) and it has shot great ever since. I'm still partial to the Series 70s, as they don't have the firing pin safety of the Series 80s that makes it harder to achieve a good trigger pull.

I DID HAVE A Collet Bushing "Finger" BREAK in a Series '70 "Combat Government" Model, which was one of the LAST of the Series '70's made...Replaced it w/an MGW "Match" Bushing & kept on going...FWIW, I kinda' wish I had NOT Traded it off! Shot REALLY WELL, particularly AFTER Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision was done with it...Live and learn, I guess... :( ....mikey357

I am so on the fence with this one. Some of you may have seen my thread for my S&W http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/375895-Ft-s-amp-w-686-8-6-quot-ss

The Colt has original colet bushing, no box or papers with a few scratches, idiot scratch included. He wants trade with $250 boot from me. This is the only pic Ive seen of it. Would really like some thoughts from ya'll. Im thinkin I may have better luck trading the Colt for anothers 1911?

image_1364342975485315.jpg

Back
Top Bottom