• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2000 Chevy Silverado input

I owned a 1500 with the 4.3. I was impressed with the engine for about 3 months.....I was pulling a very small lawn trailer and mower at the time. It just wasn't enough engine in my opinion for a full size that did anything but commuting. If you plan on using the truck for truck purposes, get one with the 5.3l. the 6 cylinder in fine for a daily driver though. When I bought the 4.3. it was all I could afford. Just my two cents having owned both.
I won't be pulling a trailer much if any at all but will use the bed often, but not huge loads by any means.

If it has the 4l60e transmission. They have insufficient cooling. Replace the pan with an oversized pan. They make a pan 2 quart oversized and add an additional transmission cooler.

The additional capacity reduces temperature and the additional transmission cooler supplements the under sized in radiator transmission cooler.

automatic transmissions are designed to operate at a maximum temperature of 200 degrees. For every 20 degrees you go above this limit, you cut the expected lifespan of the transmission by half.

I have owned a suburban with this same transmission and replaced the transmission 4 times in the last 15 years before figuring this out.
would the oversized pan be better or an external cooler?

D
would the oversized pan be better or an external cooler?

Do both

The fuel gages were usually very unreliable. I had a 2001 that I had to keep up with the miles so I wouldn't run out of gas.
I knew several other people that had the same problem.

I really don'y care for any of the Chevy SUVs/trucks made after 1994.
The tail gates are poorly designed and if very much strain is put on the bed, it will separate from the seams.
I'd give more for a 88-94 Chevy truck than 95-05 chevy truck.

LOL! Haven't been in the truck market lately, I see.

Not at retail prices

I buy my late model daily drivers at auctions
And I really don't think a 6 cylinder 2 wd single cab wouldn't bring a dime over $1000 at an auction

I bought a 7 yr old 4wd luxury full size SUV for $6000

Not at retail prices

I buy my late model daily drivers at auctions
And I really don't think a 6 cylinder 2 wd single cab wouldn't bring a dime over $1000 at an auction

I bought a 7 yr old 4wd luxury full size SUV for $6000

What is a SUV? How much gravel or firewood can it carry?

IMG_20170904_185940.jpg
What is a SUV? How much gravel or firewood can it carry?
But they're great fer carryin' lots a folks!

100 degrees past ambient temps are normal and ideal .....

example
if it is 88 degrees outside (ambient) the trans normally running temp would be around 150-180 ish give take how hard you are and pulling weight etc

anything running past the rule of thumb (100 degrees above ambient ) is dangerous and will cost you money

D

Do both

The fuel gages were usually very unreliable. I had a 2001 that I had to keep up with the miles so I wouldn't run out of gas.
I knew several other people that had the same problem.

I really don'y care for any of the Chevy SUVs/trucks made after 1994.
The tail gates are poorly designed and if very much strain is put on the bed, it will separate from the seams.
I'd give more for a 88-94 Chevy truck than 95-05 chevy truck.
2000 Chev Blazer / S10 size , fuel gauge went bad fuel pump wasn't far behind comes as a set .
210,000 miles now + rebuilt trans at 164,000
Good vehicle LT model loaded nicely.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

2000 Chev Blazer / S10 size , fuel gauge went bad fuel pump wasn't far behind comes as a set .
210,000 miles now + rebuilt trans at 164,000
Good vehicle LT model loaded nicely.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Gas with alcohol will kill the OEM fuel pump. Replace with a new one of recent manufacture, and the pump will last.

This engine puts out 200HP, more than enough to pull anything, but it must be geared for pulling if you intend to load it heavy. Stay out of OD with a load if you have stock gear ratio in the back .

Back
Top Bottom