• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2000 Tacoma Knock sensor

Those 2.4’s are stout engines. If it’s not a knock sensor which it probably is I would check the throttle position sensor because they get worn or build up on them and get out of adjustment.

I’ve got 2 of the gen2 4cyl Tacoma’s with the 2.7’s in them. I know a little more about those than the 2.4’s but what I do know about the 2.4’s is that they are pretty much the same bulletproof design.

I’ve got 2 of the gen2 4cyl Tacoma’s with the 2.7’s in them. I know a little more about those than the 2.4’s but what I do know about the 2.4’s is that they are pretty much the same bulletproof design.

I have been completely surprised on how reliable it's been. 60,000 miles over the 10 years I've had it. It was a retired fleet truck that I paid $1500 for. Best purchase ever.

I’ve got to pull my intake on my 5.3. I’ll be changing both sensors and the harness while I’m at it. I don’t want to do it twice.

Be sure to add a light bead of silicone around them when you seat them in the valley. Numero uno killer is moisture trapped in there and corrodes them. Should last the life of the motor after that.

Back
Top Bottom