• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best deal on drive shaft assembly for 2005 Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying new, and I'm in SE GA (Midway, near Savannah).
Really looking for recommendations on where to find the cheapest part (new) online. Was hoping the Rock Auto quote would've come in cheaper.
I’m pretty sure if American can’t help you they can recommend someone close to you that will get you what you need. But they should be able to do anything you need . They are a great shop everytime I used them . They always had what I needed/ solved whatever sues I had at the time in that area. I was working on a lot of stuff for a while there so I always had a variety of cars to ask for parts . Lol.
Good luck !

Thanks…I’m getting back to normal somewhat, what ever that is. Lol.
I just can’t seem to get my thoughts back to normal it seems. I think the seizures put the whammy on me a little bit but it should all come back together over time. It just slow going right now. :becky:

What really is got me down is that I am restricted from driving ! It’s not like I don’t have a way to go or someone to take me it just sorta feels like a “punishment”. If that makes sense. I feel like it’s a restriction, which it is, but it will be ok. I’m just used to going when I want and doing what I want without having to include anyone or ask.
it is something I just gotta get used to .
I know that's got to be frustrating! I hope that at some point you regain that freedom.

I’m pretty sure if American can’t help you they can recommend someone close to you that will get you what you need. But they should be able to do anything you need . They are a great shop everytime I used them . They always had what I needed/ solved whatever sues I had at the time in that area. I was working on a lot of stuff for a while there so I always had a variety of cars to ask for parts . Lol.
Good luck !
Thanks - I think American is closed today, haven't been able to reach anyone. Which is understandable today.

I know that's got to be frustrating! I hope that at some point you regain that freedom.
Thanks - I think American is closed today, haven't been able to reach anyone. Which is understandable today.
Thank you brother . I appreciate it .
Good luck on that shaft issue ! I hope they can help solve your problem . :)
I hope your Memorial Day is going well !

There should be a driveshaft shop in Savannah. They may be able to help. Of course hopefully no one is open today. Doubt you will find a new one cheaper than rock auto. They operate on very slim margins. If you can find a Dorman part number it may give you more options.

There should be a driveshaft shop in Savannah. They may be able to help. Of course hopefully no one is open today. Doubt you will find a new one cheaper than rock auto. They operate on very slim margins. If you can find a Dorman part number it may give you more options.
Thanks, but I'm not taking my busted drive shafts to a shop to get patched. Am buying a new drive shaft assembly. Newnewnewnewnew! :)
Looks like you're probably right about Rock Auto.

Ive used Atlanta Driveline several times on the southside. They have a sister shop somewhere on the northside. But you will not get one driveshaft for $500. Let a lone two. Your best bet is to either find a used set in a yard or swap to a one piece if money is tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom