Best deal on drive shaft assembly for 2005 Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldilox

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
126   0
Reaction score
BOTH drive shafts fell out of my truck a couple days ago. That was a hoot.
I'm searching (online) for the best deal on the entire drive shaft assembly and am hoping some of you fellas have recommendations on where to look for the best deal. Example: Assembly is just under $500 (plus shipping from Rock Auto. Ugh...

If any kind soul wants to help search for the drive assembly, it's part number 3710004302. 2005 Tacoma, 4cyl auto transmission, SR5 access cab (not a crew cab), full sized bed is 6 ft+.

Of course, I was about to spend over $600 on damn tires (mine are bald). Bahaha!

Thanks for any advice, ODT!

BOTH drive shafts fell out of my truck a couple days ago. That was a hoot.
I'm searching (online) for the best deal on the entire drive shaft assembly and am hoping some of you fellas have recommendations on where to look for the best deal. Example: Assembly is just under $500 (plus shipping from Rock Auto. Ugh...

If any kind soul wants to help search for the drive assembly, it's part number 3710004302. 2005 Tacoma, 4cyl auto transmission, SR5 access cab (not a crew cab), full sized bed is 6 ft+.

Of course, I was about to spend over $600 on damn tires (mine are bald). Bahaha!

Thanks for any advice, ODT!

Check with a salvage yard that should be a common part that is easy for them to locate. If you go this route I suggest having them balanced before installing.

I'm buying new, and I'm in SE GA (Midway, near Savannah).
Really looking for recommendations on where to find the cheapest part (new) online. Was hoping the Rock Auto quote would've come in cheaper.

Hey man! TY for the suggestion. Left them a message. They would need to ship, since I'm down here in SE GA.
Hope you're doing ok. :)
Thanks…I’m getting back to normal somewhat, what ever that is. Lol.
I just can’t seem to get my thoughts back to normal it seems. I think the seizures put the whammy on me a little bit but it should all come back together over time. It just slow going right now. :becky:

What really is got me down is that I am restricted from driving ! It’s not like I don’t have a way to go or someone to take me it just sorta feels like a “punishment”. If that makes sense. I feel like it’s a restriction, which it is, but it will be ok. I’m just used to going when I want and doing what I want without having to include anyone or ask.
it is something I just gotta get used to .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom