2018 SHOT Show thread

I seriously doubt that rep knows the difference

Dont get me started on that guy. Why dont these companies get people who are polished speakers? I dont know squat about that gun but on the flight from Atlanta to Vegas I could have studied the product and answered questions with more fluency than that guy. And not just him, I see a lot of people like that on some of the product videos.

Dont get me started on that guy. Why dont these companies get people who are polished speakers? I dont know squat about that gun but on the flight from Atlanta to Vegas I could have studied the product and answered questions with more fluency than that guy. And not just him, I see a lot of people like that on some of the product videos.

Gun guys aren't necessarily business people. I'd never heard of Franklin Armory before this either. They can't be a big outfit. But yes, with a product that drew probably the most buzz pre-SHOT, the owner of the company should have been doing all the talking.

Paid to much for a booth, ran out of speaker money.

I'm wondering if we just aren't getting the pinnacle of firearm design.
I agree. We are incremental change land right now, but the ammo is goung to work as it is ment to. Need to change the ammo before you create a new type of firearm.

Money will be the driving factor behind that kind of change.

Gun guys aren't necessarily business people. I'd never heard of Franklin Armory before this either. They can't be a big outfit. But yes, with a product that drew probably the most buzz pre-SHOT, the owner of the company should have been doing all the talking.

I understand that but you're there to deliver information, generate enthusiasm and thus create sales for your products. I would have just hired a consultant that could do it. There are guys that as the saying goes can sell water to a well so they could have built some value in in an otherwise lackluster product. The interview was like this guys going to tell us everything we need to know about it: "not a shotgun, not a rifle" video could have ended there.

Btw, only thing I heard about Franklin Armory was the binary trigger.

I agree. We are incremental change land right now, but the ammo is goung to work as it is ment to. Need to change the ammo before you create a new type of firearm.

Money will be the driving factor behind that kind of change.

Yea I guess. I mean look what 300blk did with the creation of rifle caliber PDWs.

Speaking of new ammo whats up with this .224 Valkyrie?

Personally they dont have to make anything that does anything different, just give me something that look good.

I understand that but you're there to deliver information, generate enthusiasm and thus create sales for your products. I would have just hired a consultant that could do it. There are guys that as the saying goes can sell water to a well so they could have built some value in in an otherwise lackluster product. The interview was like this guys going to tell us everything we need to know about it: "not a shotgun, not a rifle" video could have ended there.

I don't disagree. I was trying to be somewhat nice to the guy as I'm sure he'll be flamed from now on about this. But yeah, at $2k a pop you could have hired someone to shoot down some of this. Why admit key-holing at 50 yards? At least deflect some or say you haven't tested accuracy to that degree.

I have played with their Binary trigger system and was impressed.

I'm wondering if we just aren't getting the pinnacle of firearm design.

I sure hope not. Most of the popular designs of firearms were developed way before the PC was common or invented. I would sure hope all this technology and immense processing power, CAD, CNC machines, etc. could produce a real innovation, not just a cool rail on an AR. Designing a musket in 2018 is not innovative.

Back
Top Bottom