• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2018 Volkswagen Atlas

My wife is getting a new Explorer Sport.... she has a 15 now, it’s been a great lil truck.

(Almost 400hp, AWD)

no issues.... other then I broke it towing my tandem HGL, LOL

(well forcing it up a driveway in reverse, probably not the best idea’

lol,,,

The Explorer is the other one that she really likes. We test drove a few of those too. I personally prefer the Explorer over the Atlas but the Atlas has more room, more available options and cost less.

Its a VW, 7 year warranty or not....maintenance is frequent and costly, after market parts support is pitiful, and longevity is crap. I would look at Honda or Toyota first.

That is one of the things that has me worried about buying it. The upkeep and overall maintenance cost.

I never understood the “value “ of new vehicles. Depreciation sucks.

I would look at a used Toyota or Honda first.

I’ve never paid over $10k max for a Honda or Toyota, and $10k being with 85-100k miles in the clock. I run them to 200,000 or more and still get around half what I paid for it when I sell it.

Then I start the cycle over. Maintenance such as brakes and oil changes/wear and tear items is all I’ve ever needed.

Your experience and opinion may vary

I never understood the “value “ of new vehicles. Depreciation sucks.

I would look at a used Toyota or Honda first.

I’ve never paid over $10k max for a Honda or Toyota, and $10k being with 85-100k miles in the clock. I run them to 200,000 or more and still get around half what I paid for it when I sell it.

Then I start the cycle over. Maintenance such as brakes and oil changes/wear and tear items is all I’ve ever needed.

Your experience and opinion may vary

I like to be the 1st to fart in my trucks..... although I may not always be the 1st, I’m much more likely to be with .3 miles then 75k LOL

Back
Top Bottom