• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022 ODT Turkey Challenge

Alright then. I’ll play ball
Heck yeah man
I am new to turkey hunting but I would like to learn more about this challenge? Never hunted for turkey before but I got my son and I simple box and mouth calls, a 12 ga with a turkey choke, and Longbeard ammo for it. I don't know anything about the ODT Turkey Challenge so if someone can post here or PM me the info that would be helpful.
Search 2021 Turkey Challenge on here and read the first post. It is a blast for sure

Rules are as follows:

- 2 birds allowed to be entered per member
- birds killed in ga only
- 2 date verification pictures, one holding a newspaper of the day OR a paper with team number and screen name written on it with date written also with fan spread to show maturity or lack thereof, the other of the birds head on the newspaper with date visible OR paper with team number and date written on it.
- either a picture or screenshot of harvest record with confirmation number showing it's a legal bird
- picture of beard measurements **MEASURE FROM BASE OF BEARD, HOLD BEARD STRAIGHT**
- picture of spur measurements ** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

Scoring
Team with most points win

Jake: 2 points
Tom: 4 points

Additional points available:

-public land 2 additional points (picture of verification in front of wma sign or a gps pin on map)
-Beard 10" 1 additional point
-Beard 11" or longer 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.125" 1 additional point
-Spurs 1.25" 2 additional points
-Spurs 1.5" or longer 3 additional points

** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

-Bow kill: 1 extra point provided proof of using bow
-Extra beard(s): 1 additional point per extra beard

Ok I just posted the rules, if you have any suggestions or anything you would want changed let me know. I’m gonna post a separate thread closer to the start of the season with the rules and team members and such. The $20 per person entry fee with be due March 26 which is the Saturday before opening day. Another thing I will add on that separate thread is all your turkey harvest entries with pictures and such will be sent to Shmelton Shmelton , he is the judge again this year.

Back
Top Bottom