• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Colorado/Canyon

unless they fixed the AC and transmission issues I would be weary.......had to LEMON mine

I know the one I had had tons of other features missing back in 2018 that I thought was super odd.

Colorado things that bugged me: (hopefully some of these are fixed)

No heated steering wheel (came out in 2019)
No cooled Seats
No blinkers in mirror(really this is a great safety feature and many older cars have them much less a 2018)
No vents for rear passenger (if you have 4 doors, upper level trim needs to have rear vents)
No dual climate control (03 silverado W/T and my 2002 impala base had it as well, so 16 years later on the upper level trim you don't’ have it?)
Auto climate control sucks (AC kicks on but the AC light doesn't illuminate, even with AC off and VENT on, AC will come on regardless of you wanting it to or not)
No push button start
No blind spot monitoring (tacoma has BSM)
No HID headlights (no fogs either on the ZR2)
Lack of leg and thigh support
Driver side does not have “oh crap” handle
Screen does not pop up like most all over GM’s with this same screen (great for storing crap in it)
Door storage is horrible
Wireless charging does not hold bigger phones
No home Link
2002 Dodge RAM had better brakes with 20”s
Poor FM reception on radio compared to past vehicles
NO led lights in cabin
No locking box like on silverado in the lower center console
No Brembo brake option (should be standard on zr2 with larger tires)
Light sensor for headlights is poor compared to my 99-03 chevy vehicles
Don't believe it has rain sensing wipers does it?

I think it has push button start now.
Trail boss is just a Lifted WT. It will be replacing a 08 base tacoma that doesnt even have delay wipers
Im not wanting a premium truck. Its Like getting a SR5 Tacoma instead of a TRD

Don't own one - have read some about them. Not a fan of all the changes. No cab options, no V6/V8 and no "nice" trim with chrome. Maybe they will sell big but I don't expect that.

I expect the Ranger to much better this round. New one is bigger, will offer a small turbo V6 and it has better styling to me, plus it will at least offer a extended cab/longer bed later.

Wish there was a new Dakota too, but they have been gone since 2011 or so.

Not bad, but it needs a chrome grille too me!
1685849261185.png

Diesels are great for towing. Cost to maintain is more due to all the EPA bullcrap added to meet emissions.
Not to mention diesel is more per gallon

I had a 2017 Colorado Z71 that I installed a small lift and some Bilsteins... Great truck, but being a big guy, I found that the seat just weren't comfortable on longer drives...

I had a 2017 Colorado Z71 that I installed a small lift and some Bilsteins... Great truck, but being a big guy, I found that the seat just weren't comfortable on longer drives...

Ditto if your over 6 foot and 200 pounds don't think its a great long haul truck. Even shorter 1-2 hours trips were not great (no leg/thigh support adjustments) seats were very hard and not very wide.

What kills me at the time the Z71 Colorado vs Silverado were virtually the same price mid 30's with 4x4.

Wished the smaller trucks were about 10k cheaper.

Custom 1500 Trail boss with 2.7 is $53695
Colorado Trail Boss Starts at $39000
Ditto if your over 6 foot and 200 pounds don't think its a great long haul truck. Even shorter 1-2 hours trips were not great (no leg/thigh support adjustments) seats were very hard and not very wide.

What kills me at the time the Z71 Colorado vs Silverado were virtually the same price mid 30's with 4x4.

Wished the smaller trucks were about 10k cheaper.

Decent looking, but I still think a truck should have real bumpers. At the prices of new vehicles, I think I'd find a nice older one and drive it. It'll be more solid, look better and be easier to work on.....Just sayin

Diesels are great for towing. Cost to maintain is more due to all the EPA bullcrap added to meet emissions.
Not to mention diesel is more per gallon
So short sighted…
you will use less per gallons if you really need one, mileage is usually better with a diesel with a comparative sized truck.
My 2003 Ram got 18MPG. A 1500 gas burner the same year would get at best 16mpg. Do the math, diesel is within $.20 a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom