• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2023 Colorado/Canyon

I can tell you that under the same applications, diesel usually gets 50% better fuel economy. I have 3- 3/4 ton 4x4 trucks. Two are big blocks and one is the Cummins. And that Cummins will far outlast the gas engines. Repairs are more expensive, but general maintenance comes around half as often. Fortunately mine is the old 5.9, no emissions worry

Im wanting a smaller truck, Have a 2010 1500 Silverado with 5.3 I tow with.
Mainly would be used to drive to work 35 miles a day
The truck im interested in is $40000
The Surbuban with diesel is $65-$95K
I can buy alot of gas for $25K-$50K

Custom 1500 Trail boss with 2.7 is $53695
Colorado Trail Boss Starts at $39000

Well I guess I got my wish. Back in 2018. Colorado z71 was like 33k, Silverado was like 34k, Colorado zr2 was 37k. Tundra limited DC was 38k. (All prices before taxes and tags)

Seems with the newer prices a lot of buyers are just going to be priced out of the market . (Maybe I’m just poor).

Hoping prices to come down on cars and houses but who knows.

I am watching the 2023 Colorado/Canyon line. Issue seems to be availability - seem to have supply chain issues plus having issues with EPA approving certain trim packages. Because of limited availability, dealers marking up. Will be curious to see what end of year looks like or just wait for 2024.

Going to be a great year for the midsize market. New Ranger, Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma. Maybe in about a year I will get a new one but gotta wait and see what real world problems people are having. I like the redesign on the Colorado but you have to use the digital screen just to turn on the lights. One of the reporters for a larger video you tube truck testing sight bought a new Colorado. Three hundred miles and he has to disconnect and reconnect his battery because the digital display goes out. Hope they get everything worked out.

Back
Top Bottom