• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22-250 Bullet Weight

Stevebob

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
I have a 22-250 that I purchased for my wife. It is a Browning Abolt Medallion with a supposed twist rate of 1:14. I typically reload very light bullets for it and have heard that 55 grn bullets are my max, well she wants to do some deer hunting this year and I was debating upon load some 60 grn Nosler partitions up for it, and wanted a few opinions on the topic. Before anyone say this is unethical hunting, you should know that with 45 grn Hornady Xtp's she can shoot quarter sized 5 shot groups at 100 yards, so I have no doubt she can quickly drop a deer with the right bullet.

If anyone calls a .22-250 unethical, a .223 must be a cardinal sin.

I'm not a hunter (yet) but have loaded a lot for my Tikka in .22-250. I'd have to check my book to see if I've loaded anything over 52 grains for it.

I have a 22-250 that I purchased for my wife. It is a Browning Abolt Medallion with a supposed twist rate of 1:14. I typically reload very light bullets for it and have heard that 55 grn bullets are my max, well she wants to do some deer hunting this year and I was debating upon load some 60 grn Nosler partitions up for it, and wanted a few opinions on the topic. Before anyone say this is unethical hunting, you should know that with 45 grn Hornady Xtp's she can shoot quarter sized 5 shot groups at 100 yards, so I have no doubt she can quickly drop a deer with the right bullet.
Yep.... http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/22-250/

Back
Top Bottom