• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

.223 Reaming the Crimp ~ Does this look correct?

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
52D448F3-EFA4-4898-AA60-0162BE690146.jpeg

before
02EBC515-805E-4A4F-8ECC-DD2A93666E47.jpeg

after

I’m learning the process, using a Hornady small reamer attached to a drill that is secured in a vice.

any input is welcomed...

I haven't found it necessary to remove that much material, but if it's working for you, go for it. I cut pockets too.

well, that’s the rub...I am not “reloading” as I don’t have the press I want or dies, etc. I’m simply doing prep work on all my .40, 9mm and .223/.556 brass I shoot. That way, in the year 2025 when primers are available again, I can buy a press and a ton of primers and I’ll have all the inventory of cases I need lol

well, that’s the rub...I am not “reloading” as I don’t have the press I want or dies, etc. I’m simply doing prep work on all my .40, 9mm and .223/.556 brass I shoot. That way, in the year 2025 when primers are available again, I can buy a press and a ton of primers and I’ll have all the inventory of cases I need lol

Lol you are really putting the cart before the horse here..... and you are kidding yourself if you think primers will be available then. I am betting chit will all be illegal for private sale/purchase.

Lol you are really putting the cart before the horse here..... and you are kidding yourself if you think primers will be available then. I am betting chit will all be illegal for private sale/purchase.

well in the event the world goes down that path, I’ll have a lot of “ready to go” cases to sell/trade lol

Back
Top Bottom