• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22lr AR15 SBR

It is, if you're using a standard AR upper; dedicated AR uppers are, well, dedicated to a proprietary bolt I imagine.

It's a great way to go since your SBR registered AR lower can go back to 5.56, 7.62x39, 300 BLK, etc. If you're looking for mags 44mag.com had black dog mags cheaper than anywhere else last time I was buying, and for some reason they don't come up in a google search as easily.

It is, if you're using a standard AR upper; dedicated AR uppers are, well, dedicated to a proprietary bolt I imagine.

It's a great way to go since your SBR registered AR lower can go back to 5.56, 7.62x39, 300 BLK, etc. If you're looking for mags 44mag.com had black dog mags cheaper than anywhere else last time I was buying, and for some reason they don't come up in a google search as easily.
Well it's an idea I woke up this morning with, I'm gonna form 1 yet another lower. LOL. It will be a dedicated.22lr with a spectre II on it for my little girls mainly.

Well it's an idea I woke up this morning with, I'm gonna form 1 yet another lower. LOL. It will be a dedicated.22lr with a spectre II on it for my little girls mainly.

I have that 22 upper for sale. If you bought it, all you would have to do is take it to Dobbs and have the barrel cut and threaded. It would just drop right onto your existing SBR lower then, or you could Form 1 another lower if you wanted.

Or you could leave it at 16" and then use it like it is without messing with SBR.

I have that 22 upper for sale. If you bought it, all you would have to do is take it to Dobbs and have the barrel cut and threaded. It would just drop right onto your existing SBR lower then, or you could Form 1 another lower if you wanted.

Or you could leave it at 16" and then use it like it is without messing with SBR.
Didnt think about that. Good idea dude. I'll check it out again in the classifieds.

Didnt think about that. Good idea dude. I'll check it out again in the classifieds.

It is a dedicated 22 upper so it has a 1/16 twist and is actually bored for 22lr unlike a 5.56 barrel which will be slightly too large. 5.56 barrels with conversions work, but aren't the best idea for using with a suppressor. I do it, but it is a risk. The dedicated barrels also will have better accuracy.

It is a dedicated 22 upper so it has a 1/16 twist and is actually bored for 22lr unlike a 5.56 barrel which will be slightly too large. 5.56 barrels with conversions work, but aren't the best idea for using with a suppressor. I do it, but it is a risk. The dedicated barrels also will have better accuracy.
Ahh! That's good info. I didn't know about that.

Back
Top Bottom