• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

271 acres, $100k Darien, Ga. (McIntosh county)

Lordy.I was a bouncer at the Cypress Lounge back in the 80s.Then i got myself promoted to the bouncer at JRs Double Nickle for several years.I was the only law for several long miles.All i did besides bounce was check handguns and 12 inch bowies at the door!

Sounds like a rewarding job in a pleasant environment. Lol

Lordy.I was a bouncer at the Cypress Lounge back in the 80s.Then i got myself promoted to the bouncer at JRs Double Nickle for several years.I was the only law for several long miles.All i did besides bounce was check handguns and 12 inch bowies at the door!

Road House?
upload_2019-8-15_19-54-8.jpeg

I don't know exact details on property tax rates for Darien/McIntosh. Maybe if I holler at fuelman1 fuelman1 he can help with that info. Since we moved back up here he might be the ONLY member in McIntosh.

I own 6 separate lots in Shellman Bluff. If you have any sort of structure they'll tax you. Metal carport, portable carport, falling in green house, 8x8 metal shed, pup tent, ect. You have to watch your appraisal closely and be ready to dispute it. They drive around the county taking pictures of boats and send tax bills to owners who live in other counties. The taxes I pay down here are higher than what I paid in Walton county and its worth less down here. Property owners pick up the slack for a very rural county. It's haves and have nots. I'm not sure if the government is corrupt or incompetent. I think some of both. They just spent almost $200k to buy the old Wendys to turn it in to a welcome center. Never mind the $300k they spent 3 years ago for the property where the old café Risqué used to be which was supposed to be the welcome center. They seem to bumble around. That tract of land looks like it's mostly marshland. Look at the map and where there are trees is usable. Most of the other would be nearly inaccessible. I shot a 200+ lb boar hog just down Cathead Creek next to I-95 so I'm sure there would be pigs there. Still interesting though. I have been looking at much smaller tracts down here to set up a personal shooting range and I sure haven't found anything in that price range. I might ride down there the next few days and take a peek. I don't have $100k burning a hole in my pocket but this is interesting. Maybe start a mosquito research center.

Back
Top Bottom