• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

30 378 weatherby hunting question

Is your 30-378 a Weatherby with the Accubrake? If so you're in for a treat when you shoot at something without hearing protection. Yes it is ear splitting and if anyone tells you that you won't notice the sound when you shoot at a deer, they are full of it lol. The recoil isn't bad, surprisingly.
Yes accubrake andi already know lol I shot It once without ear protection never again. And recoil I love it

I know of a guy using a 375 ultra mag on deer here in Bartow. He's a total idiot.
The .375 RUM is a beast of a round, but way to big of a caliber for deer. I think even if you hit them dead in the shoulder you won’t get great expansion. I bought a .375 Ruger a couple of years ago to shoot hogs with.

The .375 RUM is a beast of a round, but way to big of a caliber for deer. I think even if you hit them dead in the shoulder you won’t get great expansion. I bought a .375 Ruger a couple of years ago to shoot hogs with.
The 375 RUM is more powerful than the 458 Win Mag. It's a dangerous game cartridge. I killed a Cape Buffalo and 2000lb Eland with one.

Agreed. The 375 Ruger has some good ballistics. Definitely a hog terminator.

If you hunting horns the bigger the better,if you hunting meat tone it down.i have two rifles set up.i call one my buck gun 300rsaum.i have a 7-08 that I call my doe gun.the more I shoot with 7-08 the better I like it.i use 165 accubonds in 300 and 140 accubonds in 7-08.

Back
Top Bottom