• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 black out

Here is a really good video made by Travis Haley....He explains the difference in 5.56 and 300 AAC. He also hits a metal target at 750 meters with an aimpoint. hes crazy good.

[video=youtube_share;tgKjbySsAik]http://youtu.be/tgKjbySsAik[/video]

Also saw an AR upper last weekend at a show that uses the AK ammo. Just like the Blackout it uses the same magazines, however you do have to insall a different follower. Anyone else seen these and have an opinion? I know the ammo is cheap and available.

historically the 7.62X39 has had feed issues in an AR

may be fixed now though

I have a 300 blk I built and it's a cute little round.. fairly easy to make form 223 cases.

real world balistics are very close to the 7.62X39. so it should be good to 200 yards anyway... drops like a lead weight beyond there

I actually shoot pulled AK bullets in mine without issue.. yeah they are .311 in diameter but it's not an issue with higher pressures like you'd think. cheap stuff to load

lot's of folks use it for hog hunting

I like it. I use it to hunt with and am going to suppress it here very soon. That is one of the main selling points. You can shoot a 220g sub sonic load with a suppressor and it is very quiet.

Here is a really good video made by Travis Haley....He explains the difference in 5.56 and 300 AAC. He also hits a metal target at 750 meters with an aimpoint. hes crazy good.

THAT is an understatement, he did it with what a 10-11" SBR?

I would like to hear about the 50 BEOWOLF as well. I know they were pretty popular till the Blackouts hit the shelves. Any opinions on them?

There are a bajillion choices out there for this kind of stuff. You have to ask yourself, "Where will I get Ammo/Components for this gun in 10 years, and how much will is cost to shoot."

I've watched the .300 blackout since the point where it was a test-tube experiment in the back room at Bulllseye in Lawrenceville. Didn't buy into it for a long time. When I started seeing commonly available factory loads, not-stupidly-expensive target loads, and even common reloading houses offering items in 300, that's when I was sold. It's not a perfect round. It's good enough for what I want to do. But it has backing (Remington/Freedom Group) that other "wildcat" rounds like the 6.5/6.8 do not at this point.

I mean, hell, look at the 5.7mm NATO round. Great for what it was designed for, but even being a NATO round hasn't done much to increase availability/decrease cost here in the US.

In a perfect world I think we'd all be able to buy 6.5 Grendel ammo for about 0.20 a round, and magazines would grow on trees. Unfortunately I don't live there (yet) :-)

Back
Top Bottom