• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 blk question

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
425   0
Reaction score
I have a .300 blk pistol with 8" barrel and a pistol gas system and was wondering if I need to change anything on it so it will cycle sub sonics with a suppressor. Also any other advice that would make this better like a piston system ect. Thanks.

You should not have to change anything. If the gas system is adjustable, you might need to do a little fiddling with it, but other than that it should cycle fine. That was the original intent of the .300 BO

300blk can be finicky. Noveske has a good reputation for reliability but outside of that it boils down to experimentation. If you reload try load combinations until you find something that works. With factory you just have to experiment.

If it is hard to find something that works you may need the gas port opened up if you don't have an adjustable system. If so, go to a very reputable AR smith.

My 7 inch cycle subs fine suppressed with standard carbine buffer and spring. It will not cycle subs without the can. Noname barrel, not sure what size gas port is.

Forgive me op..(hijack)
I am having trouble with a 16in barrel unsupressed... will not cycle regular or subsonic..I was told to increase the size of the gas block.. any ideas about that?

Forgive me op..(hijack)
I am having trouble with a 16in barrel unsupressed... will not cycle regular or subsonic..I was told to increase the size of the gas block.. any ideas about that?

No problem I got my answer hijack away lol. I would look at the buffer spring and see what weight buffer you got. Might try simple solutions first.

Back
Top Bottom