• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BLK tumbling?!?

Wow...:laugh:

Those are definitely keyholing. That first "After" pic looks like a pyramid! Glad you got it sorted. I'd have him check the baffles, too. In my mind, there's at least a strike or two going on in there...and I don't know if AAC will warranty it given that it was improperly seated.

I spoke with AAC last week as well and they're letting me send it back to be checked out. I can't "see" any baffle strikes, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. I'll give another update once everything gets sorted.

I spoke with AAC last week as well and they're letting me send it back to be checked out. I can't "see" any baffle strikes, but that doesn't mean it wasn't happening. I'll give another update once everything gets sorted.
Good to know. I don't have any first hand experience with AAC so it's good to hear they seem to be taking care of it. I suppose there's the possibility that maybe since the barrel was all the way up against the booster wall maybe that creating some air flow weirdness that maybe messed with it? Either way. Glad you got it sorted. Nonliberal Nonliberal is good people.

The immediate problem is that the can is not shouldering properly. We can shorten the threads in about 5 minutes. Ray sent me a link to this thread (on another forum from 2012) where Mike Mers actually says the can is supposed to sit on the crown of the barrel. Maybe Im the dip**** here but I have never heard such a thing and highly disagree with him.

Thank you for your email, and for your support of AAC.

The potential problem that I see is we don't know how far in your threads are going into the piston. My first recommendation would be to get your barrel re-threaded so that you have no potential problems.

On Tuesday, when I get back to the shop, I will email you a thread guide to share with your gun smith to ensure proper fit.

I hope that this information helps, and I look forward to helping you get your issue resolved.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Brent Taylor
Customer Service
Advanced Armament Corp.

##############################

Mike Mers was cc'd on the message and he later responded -
Second response....

It is safe to shoot your gun like this.

Please take time and make sure your piston is indexing on the muzzle.

To do this please remove the piston form the silencer and install it on the barrel. Look closely and make sure that the piston is bottoming out on the crown of the barrel. If it does you are good to go.

enjoy

Sincerely,
Mike Mers | Sales Manager
Advanced Armament Corp.

The piston indexes the muzzle so it looks like I'm good to go.

I thought using it for anything besides 9mm voided the warrenty?

I may or may not use my Tirant with 300 blackout with an adapter and fix barrel spacer.;) If I did, I sure I wouldn't have keyholing issues with a CMMG 8.5" barrel with 220 grain subs or 200 grain Trident.

Did you check for concentricy with the can mounted? Is it dead center of the barrel?

I thought using it for anything besides 9mm voided the warrenty?

I may or may not use my Tirant with 300 blackout with an adapter and fix barrel spacer.;) If I did, I sure I wouldn't have keyholing issues with a CMMG 8.5" barrel with 220 grain subs or 200 grain Trident.

Did you check for concentricy with the can mounted? Is it dead center of the barrel?

AAC rates the Ti-Rant for subsonic 300 blk out only. So supersonic would be against the warranty, but subsonic would not.

Back
Top Bottom