• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

365 hp......

Fully built motor with all forged internals and every bolt on upgrade you can do.
It was about 300hp with the mazdaspeed cold air intake and catback exaust. Just went up from there.
500 HP Mazdaspeed3.... Nuff said. My daily driver :bolt:
Do you have a dyno sheet?

I'm not doubting your numbers for a minute, just interested in the HP/torque curve.

... and it's a Kia?!?!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a13819415/kia-stinger-gt-by-the-numbers/

It's amazing to me how the other Asian mfgs seem to have sat on their laurels while Hyundai/Genesis/Kia continue to erode theirs and others' market share. Why Toyota doesn't make a sports car, much less a sports sedan baffles me Nissans Maxima seems to always flounder. Mazda? Never even dipped their toe in the market. So much for 'zoom zoom'. Honda? ditto. And of ALL companies you'd think they'd be all over it. I suppose they are content to default to Acura. Perhaps the market isn't big enough but given how it seems to be the bread and butter for BMW, Audi, etc... wouldn't seem to hold water. I suspect the Korean mfgs will continue to become bigger and bigger while the others continue to wonder why. Good for them.

A true sports sedan is largely a luxury category in the US. The big 3 Japanese makers are market theirs under their luxury brand as others have noted. Lexus, Infiniti, Acura brands don’t exist in Asia. That’s an American thing that allows us to flaunt our status (but you probably knew that). Anyhow, I just drove a Kia Sorento, with 17k miles on it, to Columbia and back today and if the Stinger quality is anything like it, they can keep it. I don’t care if it has more hp/torque than an Audi, BMW, Lexus- for the same $50k, there is no comparison (again, based on other Kias).

But I do get what you’re saying about Kia being innovative. Good for them.

A true sports sedan is largely a luxury category in the US. The big 3 Japanese makers are market theirs under their luxury brand as others have noted. Lexus, Infiniti, Acura brands don’t exist in Asia. That’s an American thing that allows us to flaunt our status (but you probably knew that). Anyhow, I just drove a Kia Sorento, with 17k miles on it, to Columbia and back today and if the Stinger quality is anything like it, they can keep it. I don’t care if it has more hp/torque than an Audi, BMW, Lexus- for the same $50k, there is no comparison (again, based on other Kias).

Uh... the Skyline in Japan is the Inifinti G35/G37/etc. Check Youtube. Same thing, though I don't do 150 MPH through tunnels in my G35.

Can't vouch for the other brands you mention but the Skyline has been around forever.

You are correct of course, that it's not marketed as "Infiniti". And I don't know if the interior quality is the same, though it looks the same in those crazy videos.

Uh... the Skyline in Japan is the Inifinti G35/G37/etc. Check Youtube. Same thing, though I don't do 150 MPH through tunnels in my G35.

Can't vouch for the other brands you mention but the Skyline has been around forever.

You are correct of course, that it's not marketed as "Infiniti". And I don't know if the interior quality is the same, though it looks the same in those crazy videos.

It’s the other way around- the Infinities (G series)are based off of the Nissan Skyline series of cars. But my point was that they are still sold as Nissans overseas, not under a separate luxury badge.

It’s the other way around- the Infinities (G series)are based off of the Nissan Skyline series of cars. But my point was that they are still sold as Nissans overseas, not under a separate luxury badge.

OK. No argument from me. Still good cars though! Even with that horrid "Bose" sound system-- sounds like my 1984 Cavalier factory stereo. Infiniti needs to wake up and smell the coffee on that one. Really, Bose? In a supposed high-end car? The "white zinfadel" of the audio world. Shudder.

SRt8 Charger here 425 stock and was about 600 with my Blower and a few other bolt ons.

back to stock now.
I rented a g35 once and it was a fun little car and had so getti up

Back
Top Bottom