• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.40, why/why not?

ckarr

Bear Icon
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
My wife bought my first pistol after we got married, a Smith and wesson 4013 .40. I have always loved the gun and have become extremely accurate with it. Since this was my first pistol I didn't want to buy others in various calibers, simply to just consolidate calibers. So I'm curious for those either love .40, or hate it (I know there are quite a few), why? Thanks for your time!

i hate it

they work of course

but for me it is either 9mm or .45acp

9mm gives you cheap ammo, increased capacity, most common handgun caliber out there, and is easy to shoot
45 gives you umph, its readily available as well, and also is relatively easy to shoot

to me .40 and .380 are just snappy for some reason. i can shoot and control them but they arent smooth or fun for me.

some folks love .40 cal though. pick up a decent 9mm and see which one you shoot better with

It is always good to keep at least one .40 in the house. When the mad rush on ammo happened a couple of years ago...there was always .40 on the shelves in my area.

^ this. though my only .40 is a glock 23 that has a 9mm conversion barrel 95% of the time but I like the ability to switch so easily incase 9mm becomes harder to find or all I have is .40 on hand

I've got 40 and 45. To be honest, I don't think I've ever shot a 9. My first handgun was a 40, so I know I'm comfortable with it. I'm trying to increase my handgun collection, so 9 may be the only additional caliber I add to the list.

Back
Top Bottom