• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44 mag vs. 357 mag carbine for deer

I've taken countless Whitetail with my Marlin 1894 chambered in 357.
What round did you use? Distance of shots? Shot location on deer? And results? I be very interested to know. Thx RFG
I do not know if it is still a regulation but Georgia used to have a 22 caliber centerfire minimum with energy of 500 ft lb or greater at 100 yd. That being said, there could be some issues with certain calibers at 100 yd. Not sure if that's still a regulation or not but I remember back in the day it was.
If memory serves, the energy at distance has long since been removed from regulations, but I'd have to check the latest regs to be certain.

I will. I love the Steyr Mountain Rifle. I hunted with it a few times last year, but I still have not shot a deer with it. I believe that gun will be my daughter's gun before long. Talk to you soon. Hope you and your family are well. God Bless.

What round did you use? Distance of shots? Shot location on deer? And results? I be very interested to know. Thx RFG

If memory serves, the energy at distance has long since been removed from regulations, but I'd have to check the latest regs to be certain.

I'll have to check my load data for powder charges. I'm typically using a 155 grain hand cast semi-wad cutter hollow point. Most shots taken around 75 yards nothing over 100. I always aim for the pump house.

I'll have to check my load data for powder charges. I'm usually using a hand cast 158 grain

I'll have to check my load data for powder charges. I'm typically using a 155 grain hand cast semi-wad cutter hollow point. Most shots taken around 75 yards nothing over 100. I always aim for the pump house.
Good stuff, did your loads do the job at those distances? I appreciate it RFG.

My wife has hunted with a 16" Rossi 92 357mag for many years and when she pulls the trigger it's deer down that is my personal experience with 357mag hunting, she only uses Lever Evolution ammo. Hope this helps and happy hunting.

My wife has hunted with a 16" Rossi 92 357mag for many years and when she pulls the trigger it's deer down that is my personal experience with 357mag hunting, she only uses Lever Evolution ammo. Hope this helps and happy hunting.
Good info to have for consideration. I have taken many deer with 44 Leverevolutuons, they worked very well. I do appreciate it sir.

Back
Top Bottom