**.45 can thats not 2' long!**

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
Thought i had my mind set on an Osprey for my P220 dark elite. Ready to buy one, but its soooo damn long. The AAC Tirant is even worse. Theres a Tirant "s" thats shorter, but not as quiet unless i run it wet. Is there more options on big name companies im missing?

There needs to be shorter cans that accomplish the same DB levels. Already disapointed when i put a can on my SBR and its back to long as hell.

ready for suggestion......

For full size cans there's AAC, silencerco, and tm. That's about it. All are roughly the same length as that's what it takes to quiet it down. Minis are awesome though. I love my tm Poseidon 45. It's tiny and quiet for about a mag then you have to re wet it.

Jake, how does the Poseidon work on a pistol caliber carbine? Looking for something for my UMP.
Jake recommended the Poseidon to me a while back. Says it us VERY quite. The only down side is it needed to be re wet every 15 or so rounds. Since it was for my UZI that wasn't going to work.

Don't mind wetting the can, just more concerned about the overall length especially on a handgun. Seems like there would be more options out there.

Once wet. If I don't fire it how long till it slowly seeps out. I'm sure it depends on the insides of the particular can, but will some just remain anyways.

Jake recommended the Poseidon to me a while back. Says it us VERY quite. The only down side is it needed to be re wet every 15 or so rounds. Since it was for my UZI that wasn't going to work.

That is good info. Mags are 25rd so I guess I could make do. I'll probably go with the Poseidon to match my ISIS-2.

Don't mind wetting the can, just more concerned about the overall length especially on a handgun. Seems like there would be more options out there.Once wet. If I don't fire it how long till it slowly seeps out. I'm sure it depends on the insides of the particular can, but will some just remain anyways.
Use cable pulling lube which the wipes will keep in the can. You can prewet it way in advance and have it ready to go when you are.

I wouldnt recommend it for a carbine because of the big mags. Its really quiet at first but gets really loud after 10-15 rounds. By the end of a mag you'd be shooting it completely dry and wipeless.

I'll snag a pic later, I have it on my G21 sitting by my bed. Its a perfect HD gun in my opinion. It has a front wipe that keeps all the ablative in. I use white lithium grease in it since its more tacky and should hold longer just sitting there.

Back
Top Bottom