• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5mm Loads

You guys may not want to know my load for the 6.5 creedmore and certainly please don't try to duplicate it without working up and checking pressure signs along the way.

Running a 24" Brux barrel with 1:8 twist

142gr. Sierra BTHP
46.0 Grains of H4350
COAL of 2.882

10 shot average velocity was 3060

I have since backed it down to 45.4 Grains everything else stayed the same but the velocity dropped about 100fps. It runs around 2960 now.

Working on a new 140gr load now.

does not shoot in the rain

.260 Regular
COAL 2.899"

41.5 Grains H4350
Berger 140 Hybrids
View attachment 552279

3 Shots previous touching.

I'm going to rezero @ 100 for now until we get the final load. 300yrd Zero makes me question a couple of the shots.

25 ready to verify with.
View attachment 552281

Has anyone else drilled out the spacer in the front of the AI mags?

really need more than 2 shots over chrono to get a reliable es

if you want no binder plate in the front of your mag just get
http://store.accurate-mag.com/308winchester762x51mmboxmagazine.aspx

and select extended length/no binder plate.i only use accurate now, sold all my AI's

good choice with any of the 6.5s they are very consistent. my 260 is still the most accurate cartridge ive had to date. if i was shooting all known distance from a bench or belly it would be my choice.

Last edited:
really need more than 2 shots over chrono to get a reliable es

if you want no binder plate in the front of your mag just get
http://store.accurate-mag.com/308winchester762x51mmboxmagazine.aspx

and select extended length/no binder plate.i only use accurate now, sold all my AI's

good choice with any of the 6.5s they are very consistent. my 260 is still the most accurate cartridge ive had to date. if i was shooting all known distance from a bench or belly it would be my choice.
Thank You

Dude, Hornady brass doesn't show pressure signs a lot like other brass. That's a HOTTTTT load be careful. I would get somebody to check your bore and if you are good to go keep using it but I would imagine it has some fire cracking.

Dude, Hornady brass doesn't show pressure signs a lot like other brass. That's a HOTTTTT load be careful. I would get somebody to check your bore and if you are good to go keep using it but I would imagine it has some fire cracking.
Which Load?

Edit:
I see which load.
Wow.

Last edited:

Dude, this is not a load that I just woke up one morning and decided I was going to shoot. It was carefully and safely worked up too. Checking for pressure signs along the way, no extractor marks, no flat primers, no pressure signs of any kind. I even had several other people looking at the brass with me just to be sure. Load is not all that HOT.

The barrel has been checked, and is good to go. I will say the 46.0 load was only shot during load development and only for about 10 rounds. The load I stuck on now is 45.4 grains and it is currently changing because I changed bullet weight. I will let you all know how it turns out.

Dude, this is not a load that I just woke up one morning and decided I was going to shoot. It was carefully and safely worked up too. Checking for pressure signs along the way, no extractor marks, no flat primers, no pressure signs of any kind. I even had several other people looking at the brass with me just to be sure. Load is not all that HOT.

The barrel has been checked, and is good to go. I will say the 46.0 load was only shot during load development and only for about 10 rounds. The load I stuck on now is 45.4 grains and it is currently changing because I changed bullet weight. I will let you all know how it turns out.

That's hard to read going down the interstate, but awesome post.

Yeah, 2960 out of a Creedmoor or .260 seems really, really high. I get 2950 out of a max load in a 26" barrel-- with 6.5x284.

Back
Top Bottom