• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 y/o & 12 y/o w/gun chase group of 30-somethings on beltline

A 6 y/o hoodlum with a gun points it at a legal carrying responsible adult and the kid gets killed it's a no win for anybody. He obviously has no one teaching him or holding him responsible, he's 6, that's 2nd grade. I can't imagine shooting a kid. Plus the media will use it to make guns and to a lesser extent GWL holders look like child killers and lastly if the kid is a minority and the adult that shoots him is not, well, you know how that will be perpetuated.

We worked on that thing and I never thought for a minute it would be a place you could go for some exercise without getting kilt or worse. Welcome to the jungle!

I like to believe that I have a decent amount of common sense and try to maintain a normal level of situational awareness but if I'm part of a 'group of adults' I'm not running from a 12 year old with a gun unless he starts bussin caps....
Hell, I'm not running at all the way my knee is acting lately so I guess I'd just get shot.

And today the news (WSB-TV, 95.5 FM) reports that a woman was robbed on Easter Sunday on the west side of the Atlanta BeltLine.
One robber was 8, and the one with the gun was 12.
Cops won't release their names because they're juveniles, but they said that all three of them are no strangers to trouble --they've been arrested or detained before.

Back
Top Bottom