• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

75$ Econo Can?

Well if your okay with illegally manufacturing silencers you may as well buy their unserialized "solvent trap" and call it a day.
You know, I have never heard of this "solvent trap" and I had to do some Googling. I actually really like the idea and would even pay the stupid 35 bucks for one as I think this would be great for cleaning my m&p 15r after shooting corrosive 5.45x39. I like the idea of being able to clean it without having to take it outside and running all the salts, carbon, chemicals into the ground. That said, I am hesitant to order it from these guys as I don't want to end up on some list when the ATF decides these are NFA items.

You know, I have never heard of this "solvent trap" and I had to do some Googling. I actually really like the idea and would even pay the stupid 35 bucks for one as I think this would be great for cleaning my m&p 15r after shooting corrosive 5.45x39. I like the idea of being able to clean it without having to take it outside and running all the salts, carbon, chemicals into the ground. That said, I am hesitant to order it from these guys as I don't want to end up on some list when the ATF decides these are NFA items.

If you really like the solvent trap and they make it NFA they wont come kitty stomp you, like the Akins Accelerator, there is a period of amnesty, but sales records were given to the ATF after they changed their decision.

If you really like the solvent trap and they make it NFA they wont come kitty stomp you, like the Akins Accelerator, there is a period of amnesty, but sales records were given to the ATF after they changed their decision.
I would rather not be on that list.

I had never heard of "Solvent trap" either and googled it. Whats the difference in this and the other? One is for catching solvents in an oil filter mounted at the end of a rifle barrel, the other is for shooting through an oil filter mounted at the end of rifle barrel for the purpose of suppression... I didnt see mention of a block or screen or anything that would keep a projectile from passing through. Correct me if Im wrong but it seems like a deliberate loophole exploitation to bypass laws. Im with you, youd be on a list in no time.

Correct me if Im wrong but it seems like a deliberate loophole exploitation to bypass laws. Im with you, youd be on a list in no time.

Yessish it's just a way around the law, it would be nice to not spray hoppes when my wire brush comes out of the barrel, but it is exactly the same except it has no serial number and is not an NFA item.

But seriously guys, we talk about guns all day, keep records of transactions(itrader), we fill out 4473's, submit our fingerprints for CCW, submit to background for CCW, etc.... we're on lists. But in the end it is a crappy product with limited use.

Sure you'll keep your gun quiet, but you'll also have no sight picture and probably terrible accuracy since your baffle is a ragged hole made only by a previous bullet passing through it. These things should just be deregulated honestly, products like this show how easy it is to make a silencer(especially for 22) so anyone who is intending to kill someone isn't going to bite their nails over the National Firearms Act. I've seen PVC and water bottle silencers that work, it's just another emotionally driven gun law.

And yess it is an exploitation of bypass, he is a dick

Yessish it's just a way around the law, it would be nice to not spray hoppes when my wire brush comes out of the barrel, but it is exactly the same except it has no serial number and is not an NFA item.

But seriously guys, we talk about guns all day, keep records of transactions(itrader), we fill out 4473's, submit our fingerprints for CCW, submit to background for CCW, etc.... we're on lists. But in the end it is a crappy product with limited use.

Sure you'll keep your gun quiet, but you'll also have no sight picture and probably terrible accuracy since your baffle is a ragged hole made only by a previous bullet passing through it. These things should just be deregulated honestly, products like this show how easy it is to make a silencer(especially for 22) so anyone who is intending to kill someone isn't going to bite their nails over the National Firearms Act. I've seen PVC and water bottle silencers that work, it's just another emotionally driven gun law.

I do not know Bypass personally but I read that a lot. I assume its friendly banter and hes probably a fairly decent guy. Again, correct me if Im wrong.

Actually, it is not exactly the same. The Econocan is larger and will cover the return vents from the oil filter sealing the can. The solvent trap is smaller and does not cover those holes. If you were to shoot your gun with the solvent trap and oil filter attached it all your hot gasses would come right back into your face and would not surpress the shot.

Apparently the ATF has stated that the solvent trap is not a NFA item unless you modify it and attempt to shoot through it which you are free to do so long as you file a form one first.

Back
Top Bottom