• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 pt down- can’t find him

you said that was the second time, are your broadheads failing?
are they fixed or mechanical?
hate that you lost him!
Honestly, it’s not my shot because I practice everyday and I’m confident with my shot placement. It could be these stupid broadheads. I’m going with different broadheads next time. Mechanical spitfires

Honestly, it’s not my shot because I practice everyday and I’m confident with my shot placement. It could be these stupid broadheads. I’m going with different broadheads next time. Mechanical spitfires
I’ve probably killed 70-80 deer using spitfires. Including 2 this year. IMO those are the best on the market put in the right spot.

I’ve probably killed 70-80 deer using spitfires. Including 2 this year. IMO those are the best on the market put in the right spot.
Man I’ve killed about 15 deer with this broadhead with no issues up until now. Usually a 20-30 yard tracking job and they are dead. Screw it, I’m getting a dog out here tomorrow. That drone ain’t gonna spot a deer in a creek and that’s probably where he died at.

Man I’ve killed about 15 deer with this broadhead with no issues up until now. Usually a 20-30 yard tracking job and they are dead. Screw it, I’m getting a dog out here tomorrow. That drone ain’t gonna spot a deer in a creek and that’s probably where he died at.
Remember that thermal can’t find what it can’t see. Dense brush is good for hiding in and up against a fallen tree. Also a good piece of knowledge for when the Russian’s invade. Hiding from a dog’s nose is a different story. Nearly impossible.

Yes sir. Spent all day tracking this deer. Shot it at 9:30 this morning. Tracked for 5 hours on my feet. Drone left the woods at 5:30.
She shot this deer at 5:30. A bad neck shot. We didn’t roll into the driveway till 3 am. Backed out and ate supper and bumped it and backed out again for 2 more hours. When we found him he was still alive in some really thick brush and I had to do a finishing shot by flashlight. I admire those that are persistent. As hunters we owe it to the deer. Good on you. You’ll get it!
IMG_1299.jpeg

Remember that thermal can’t find what it can’t see. Dense brush is good for hiding in and up against a fallen tree. Also a good piece of knowledge for when the Russian’s invade. Hiding from a dog’s nose is a different story. Nearly impossible.
Yeah I was looking for a tracking dog and one of them answered saying he uses a drone so I said hell let’s just try it even though I was originally looking for a tracking dog. Oh well, live and learn. Probably won’t pay for a drone again knowing what I know now. A tracking dog makes much more sense.

Back
Top Bottom