• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

870 Police Magnum trade-ins

Bennyboy

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
262   0
Reaction score
Clyde’s Armory has a bunch of 870 police magnum trade-ins currently that caught my eye. They’re 14” barreled with a “door breach” device added to make them a legal 18”. They vary in condition and stock configuration but all are listed for $429.

I found one with rifle sights, speed feed stock, and a nice patina that dates to 1975. It’s slick as snot and probably has some stories if it could talk.

Is this a fair deal? Considering having it SBS’d back to its original 14 inches.

Clyde’s Armory has a bunch of 870 police magnum trade-ins currently that caught my eye. They’re 14” barreled with a “door breach” device added to make them a legal 18”. They vary in condition and stock configuration but all are listed for $429.

I found one with rifle sights, speed feed stock, and a nice patina that dates to 1975. It’s slick as snot and probably has some stories if it could talk.

Is this a fair deal? Considering having it SBS’d back to its original 14 inches.
Pics or it didn’t happen!!!! Lol

So when a Remington breaks, you sell Remington!

A Police model Remington 870 is made on a separate assembly, in a separate, gated-off area of the plant, by employees that only assembly Police 870’s.

A Police 870 consists of several components that are made of a different material, and to different specs, than a standard 870.

The overall Police 870 is made to tighter specs, with additional QC, than a standard 870.

I have never had a stock Rem870 fail in one of my classes. I’ve never had a modified Rem870 fail in one of my classes due to an issue with the factory parts.

The most unreliable shotgun that shows up in my classes, and with LE agencies that I have trained, is the Mossberg 500. The Mossberg 590 and 590A1 are much better guns.

The “problems” you claim about issues with Remington changing ownership are a moot point in this thread, as the OP stated that the shotgun he purchased dated to 1975.

$429 for a trade-in Rem870 Police, Police Magnum, or Police Wingmaster, is a great deal nowadays.

If anyone buys one, and needs it gone over, or any work done, give me a holler. A lot of these old Police scatterguns spent a lot of time loaded. I’d recommend replacing the magazine spring, at a minimum.

Back
Top Bottom