• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-15 Hunt

View attachment 2281976 She did it last night and it kept me out of the woods today. We had a 4 hour deer blood track through the thickest nastiest stuff the good lord has put in north GA. She pulled the shot too far forward and got a neck shot. My guess was a little bit of buck fever. At the end of this blood track it was the worst drag straight up the a mountain through a pine thicket that wasn’t meant for humans to go through.

At times while tracking I had to follow gut instinct and just look for kicked up leaves and broken branches. Towards the end he had decent enough blood but at the beginning there wasn’t any for 40-50 yards. We went and got supper and came back when I saw that just to give the deer time. Shot was 7:50ish. Started tracking at 9:45 and didn’t get to put our hands him till after 2. For those that didn’t see it I’ll post it again with the sorry. I was proud of her! @Anniegetyourguns

Awesome my friend! Glad yall found him, and congrats @Anniegetyourguns !

Chiggers can and will get anywhere and everywhere on you. I wore knee high snake boots this week without a zipper and have some on my ankles. They like tight clothing and warm, moist places. The only thing better than chiggers are the ones that show up after you have scratched the others raw.

View attachment 2281976 She did it last night and it kept me out of the woods today. We had a 4 hour deer blood track through the thickest nastiest stuff the good lord has put in north GA. She pulled the shot too far forward and got a neck shot. My guess was a little bit of buck fever. At the end of this blood track it was the worst drag straight up the a mountain through a pine thicket that wasn’t meant for humans to go through.

At times while tracking I had to follow gut instinct and just look for kicked up leaves and broken branches. Towards the end he had decent enough blood but at the beginning there wasn’t any for 40-50 yards. We went and got supper and came back when I saw that just to give the deer time. Shot was 7:50ish. Started tracking at 9:45 and didn’t get to put our hands him till after 2. For those that didn’t see it I’ll post it again with the sorry. I was proud of her! @Anniegetyourguns
Congratulations to both of you on a fine deer and a fantastic recovery job. That’s the measure of a true Sportsman/woman and Woodsman.

Back
Top Bottom