• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-15 Hunt

I passed on the 9 point I have seen on my trail cams. He's nice, but I want to let him have one more year. What I didn't realize from the pics is that he has a huge body. One of the biggest deer I have ever seen. He has to go well over 200lbs. He's more than twice as big as the mature doe I saw just before he came in.

I passed on the 9 point I have seen on my trail cams. He's nice, but I want to let him have one more year. What I didn't realize from the pics is that he has a huge body. One of the biggest deer I have ever seen. He has to go well over 200lbs. He's more than twice as big as the mature doe I saw just before he came in.
:shocked:

Good job. Those good bucks won't become great bucks if we don't let them walk. Temptation can be a mother, but there are bigger bucks out there.

It feels good to allow a nice buck to walk.

Chiggers can and will get anywhere and everywhere on you. I wore knee high snake boots this week without a zipper and have some on my ankles. They like tight clothing and warm, moist places. The only thing better than chiggers are the ones that show up after you have scratched the others raw.

Are you sure they aren’t seed ticks? A shot of vinegar a day will cure that problem. I used to not believe it, but I haven’t pulled a tick off of me in 5 yrs. It takes about 2 weeks to really start working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job. Those good bucks won't become great bucks if we don't let them walk. Temptation can be a mother, but there are bigger bucks out there.

It feels good to allow a nice buck to walk.
Yep. It's hard, but I've been playing this game on this property for three seasons now and it's paying off. I don't think anyone else is hunting these deer, but I could be wrong. There have been a couple of nice ones that have just vanished.

I’m surprised they don’t have thermal bow hunting sights yet lol

Message_1568570358885.jpg

Are you sure they aren’t seed ticks? A shot of vinegar a day will cure that problem. I used to not believe it, but I haven’t pulled a tick off of me in 5 yrs. It takes about 2 weeks to really start working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom