A bunch of newbies on ODT with strange offers to buy???

Well in my case its legit. Can't vouch for the others. One issue I've found with this forum is that the older members forget that at some point, they too were new. Other than that I like it here so far. Way less sketchy than that list of arms.
I am also new here but second everything stated above. A good buddy of mine, who is a trusted member with great feedback, put me on to this site and it has been awesome so far..

Most older members rely on PM’s, not phone or text to establish the specific arrangements of the deal. This way there is a clear record of the discussion regarding price, condition, meeting place and time and any other pertinent details. My personal inclination is to establish these then speak via phone to the individual if new or I haven’t done a deal with them before. Using the message system prevents any misunderstandings between parties. I am and have been very willing to buy or sell to new individuals who utilize the system and follow the rules. I am not going to deal with a new member with zero feedback on the basis of text or phone conversation alone. I have not forgotten I was once new and give new members the same respect as older ones as long as they will follow established protocol and put in the effort to learn the system.
There you go. My philosophy also. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom