• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A Hell of a Fight Coming

Laufen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
49   0
Reaction score
Hey all. With an announcement coming in five hours that will outline the scope and breadth of the infringement of our rights, how will we best utilize the coming weeks to defend them? I'm sure there will be plenty of *****ing, moaning, and hollering, but that isn't going to do squat for protecting the Second Amendment.

What are we, the ODT community going to do? This is going to be a pivotal moment in deciding the future of the Second Amendment...probably forever. So, after we vent our frustrations, what is the best course of action?

Personally, I am going to donate more money to the NRA (I'm going to do it right after I post this thread).

Secondly I am going to continue to write and email Senators and Congresscritters

We need an action plan ODT community, this will be the biggest fight for Second Amendment rights to date.

Please refrain from derogatory posts, or childish insults and comments. We need some serious ideas, and it's great for our online community to encourage and support the efforts of other members on the forum.

Let's keep it positive with a proactive mindset.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I wish that this action our president is potentially taking were terms that the people would do their damndest in order to impeach him. I would sign any petitions or anything like that, as long as it helped get him out of office

Completely different in the sense that if someones mind is made upon something then letters aren't goign to do anything.

have you gone to a demonstration in protest?

I think i've heard of a couple protests going on recently but i whole heartedly couldn't tell you.

There's no point in potentially f-ing up your life for nothing, which is why i think it's best in these cases to react than pre-emptive strike.

i half wonder if they could twist something into an attempt to overthrow the government as hate speech or what have you and LEGALLY take away everything and they'll have letters and posts from everybody. so what then? It would be within their rights to do so and there's nothing you could do about it.

Completely different in the sense that if someones mind is made upon something then letters aren't goign to do anything.

have you gone to a demonstration in protest?

I think i've heard of a couple protests going on recently but i whole heartedly couldn't tell you.

There's no point in potentially f-ing up your life for nothing, which is why i think it's best in these cases to react than pre-emptive strike.

i half wonder if they could twist something into an attempt to overthrow the government as hate speech or what have you and LEGALLY take away everything and they'll have letters and posts from everybody. so what then? It would be within their rights to do so and there's nothing you could do about it.

Unfortunately there aren't many second amendment marches in Germany...but hell yes I would in the States. I do not understand though, how going to a protest would **** up your life.

#2, There will only be proposals at this point. If you think the fight is tough when "minds are made up", just try to repeal it when minds are made up, and it's law.

You're correct we need to work together.As you stated these next few weeks can change our rights and potentially take what was given to every American.
I despise the thought of ending up like the U.K or Australia.

Back
Top Bottom